IGNORED

Hi from St Petersburg

The Road Dog
Note: This thread is 5284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone, from sunny St Petersburg. I am a returning golfer. Having laid off for 15 years to pursue Motorcycling, family raising and traveling. Now I'm back bringing a Son in law and two grandsons along.

I am enjoying finding out how far the game has come in my absence. The technology of drivers, wedges, hybrids, putters, shafts, and balls make the game so different from what I remember. The irons on the other hand haven't changed that much. My old set was Spalding Elites (SS blades). When I quit playing Ping Eye 2+ were the hot set. So I decided to start there this time. A full set wasn't too hard to put together from eBay sellers. By full I mean
1 thru 9 PW, SW and LW. As you can imagine it didn't take long to find out that won't cut it on the course today. So I have adapted (see signature) and I am working on developing a competent swing.

Hopefully I will learn a few tips from some of you or just keep up with what's happening in other parts of the country. Either way I intend to improve my handicap significantly because in addition to being older now I have more time and funds to pursue the game.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Note: This thread is 5284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!