IGNORED

Greetings from Seattle

Chubbs
Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone.
I've posted for a little while around here, but have never formally introduced myself.

Originally from Jackson, Mississippi, and started playing when I was about 12-13. Played high school golf and walk-on in college. After college, moved to New York City, which was probably the worst thing that can happen to a golf game. Had a fantastic time in those 3 years of life, but never picked up a golf club unless I went home for Christmas and played a round with my dad. Not being able to play golf was my least favorite thing about NYC.

Moved to Seattle about 2.5 years ago with my golf clubs, and have never looked back. Started getting back into the game as much as I can, getting my swing back on track. My only problem now is that I don't have a good group of people to play rounds with. A couple of friends in town play golf, but they are all beginners. It's great to go out and play with them with a couple of beers, but would also like to find someone/group who thinks that a bogey is a penalty, not an accomplishment (as well as someone who will at least consider walking instead of riding). Anyone in town feel free to shoot me a message or respond in here.

Unfortunately, it's winter now, so playing is less likely with 4:00 twilight and cold+rain. Tried going to the range last night at 9:00, but it was closed due to temperatures (19 degrees). Wussies!

Golf has always been fun for me, but something I also take seriously inside of my head. A solo round is one of my favorite experiences, walking the course all by yourself with peace and quiet.

I'm actually still hitting the irons that I bought when I was 15 years old and basically learned the game with: original Titleist DCI Black. Still hit them great, nearly perfect clubs, though the grooves are wearing. It's hard to give them up bc they're the only clubs I know, but I am looking into eventually getting a new set so I can update. Lot of things have changed since I bought those Really like the new Titleist AP2's (I hit the new 2010 version the other night, and they are NICE.)

My favorite golfing moments were going to the 1997 Masters and following Tiger and watching him win. My little brother actually almost got hit in the head when Tiger sprayed his drive out to the right on the 15th. The crowd gathered around, and my little brother (14 yrs old at the time) got on the ground and crawled through people's legs and popped up right by Tiger and his ball. Tiger hit a bad approach shot, swung his club back and slammed it onto the ground. When he did that, my little brother had turned and walked in front of the camera to wave hello, and Tiger's club came about 2 inches from hitting him in the head. Still have it recorded on tape, it's hilarious.

Other favorite moment was going to the US Open with my dad in 2006 while i was living in NYC, and spending Father's Day with him watching Mickelson fold like origami

My goal is to get my swing in good enough condition to go down and play Chambers Bay this summer without embarrassing myself

Glad to have found this forum filled with like-minded golfers!

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

I'm about as far from you as you can get and still be in the US. But thanks for letting me know I'm not the only person playing with old clubs.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

I'm about as far from you as you can get and still be in the US. But thanks for letting me know I'm not the only person playing with old clubs.

hahahahahaha

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!