IGNORED

Alignment Drives Me Mad!!!

Note: This thread is 6479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the most frustrating things I find in a round of golf, is making a nice clean contact which results in the perfect ball flight, only to fine it go slightly offline. (Generally to the right.) This is all to do with alignment and is something I have problems with as I'm sure many others out there do to. Does anyone have any tips for how I should line up so that I can be confident I am aiming down the flag, and not into a sand trap or water hazard!!! I have the old trick of lying the club down on the ground parrallel with my feet, but once I do this, I get the feeling I am aiming miles to far to the left. Help?!?!?

In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

Thanks for the tip. Was wondering if you have ever experienced problems with your alignment?? Maybe its just me!!
In My Bag

Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

Sorry to keep bothering you but I noticed how you and most other members have all the clubs in their golf bag listed under each comment they make. Was wondering how you do this since I am a new member and am still learning the ropes?!?
In My Bag

When you've set yourself up for the shot, try laying the club across your thighs - say half-way between knee and hip. Where does it point? Of course it should aim slightly left of target (right hander). I find this method easier and more accurate than laying a club on the ground, because leg orientation mirrors shoulder orientation, and the shoulders determine the path of the club.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

This is a constant battle for me...!!!

Here are a couple of solutions:

1. Use an intermediate target - what I mean is, pick out something on the ground about 2 or 3 feet infront of your ball and on the target line, then just line your club up square to that.

2. What I have been doing recently and it seems to have helped, is that I choose a target just to the left of the target line and line my body up with that, the target line will be parallel to that and so your club should be aimed down the target line.

Hope they help.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

My swing is alot like Lee Trevinos, I open my stance and swing from the inside out. I do this for two reasons.....first it shortens my backswing some and helps my timing at the ball.....second it keeps me from healing the ball which I have a bad habit of doing. It just works for me and I'm not recommending that you do that too but alignment is something we all struggle with at times. Do what works for you!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I have the old trick of lying the club down on the ground parrallel with my feet, but once I do this, I get the feeling I am aiming miles to far to the left. Help?!?!?

I always feel instinctively that I am aiming left of my intended line when I am over the ball. I have to be sure to stand behind the ball and pick a point a few feet or yards ahead, on line with the target. I align myself using that mark, not where I see or feel the target is when I am set-up to the ball.

I have tried all of the suggestions posted and they all have some benefit. There is only one way to be sure though and that is to find a key during on course practice, range just isn't enough for this. I discovered that for me the feeling that the inside of my right elbow is aimed at the target results in the most consistent aiming. I have no idea if it actually does. Trevino pushed every shot, Snead pulled every shot, Couples lines up left of the target. All have through practice figured out what sends the ball towards the target for their swing and body type.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

...1. Use an intermediate target - what I mean is, pick out something on the ground about 2 or 3 feet infront of your ball and on the target line, then just line your club up square to that.

two things to remember when you do that:

- stand behind the ball when you choose the "intermediate" target - make sure it is really close to the ball, no more than 3ft, otherwise once you over the ball you might have problems alligning to it again... There is also the issue of dominent eye - everybody has one of the eyes dominant - make sure you use the correct one

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!