IGNORED

To Golf or NOT to Golf?

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, now it's starting to suck. Doesn't look like it will get out of the 30's this week. And I'm ready to play. First really cold winter stretch since I moved here. Can't wait for my Orlando trip in two weeks!!

Dr, I am glad you aren't coming to Orlando this week, we're covering the strawberries with ice to keep them warm down here.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

-15 degrees here. I would die for 40 degrees right now.

The Sticks:
Cobra S2 9.5| Nike Sasquatch 3 Wood | Cobra Baffler Hybrid | 4i & 5i Titleist AP2 | 6i-PW Titleist ZM MB | Ping Tour Wedges |
Scotty Cameron California Monterey | ProV1x | NIKE Carry Bag |

LOL,,,40 degrees, that's almost short's and t-shirt weather!

yeah... I still think it's funny when I see people with winter coats and parkas when it's 40*... I will wear short at about 60* and short sleeves is anything above 50-55*. I still have Michigan blood, but I am starting to get used to the heat a little. The high-tech shirts help.

Ok, now it's starting to suck. Doesn't look like it will get out of the 30's this week. And I'm ready to play. First really cold winter stretch since I moved here. Can't wait for my Orlando trip in two weeks!!

No kidding, this is getting out of hand... my heat pump doesn't even keep my house at 68* through the night... I get up and it's like 63-5*... even the 10 day forecast looks pretty bad. Where are the 50's we should be hitting. Guess I'll just have to play more hockey for now.

-15 degrees here. I would die for 40 degrees right now.

I'm wishing it were 40* now... we have been low 30's most of the day if we're lucky and teens at night.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I played last Wednesday with temps at ~34* at the course, with wind chill indicated 26*. I wore as much clothing as I could without feeling restricted and I can definitely say it was rough when facing into the wind, so I'd say 35* with any wind is about my cutoff. It's the first time I've played in the cold, definitely a new experience seeing the ball bounce on the green like I'd hit a cart path (not quite that bad).

Does anyone have a rule of thumb or calculation to show what a change in temp does to distance the ball flies? I was generally down one club with my irons. I never really hit my driver this summer and tried it during this round, the thought was that we were losing ~20yds on drives. Don't know if that's wishful thinking or if that's a solid number. The ball seemed to come off the face well enough, but they'd just hang up and die.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Wish we had the option here! We have a foot of snow onthe ground and it's 10°. More snow Wednesday.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Ok, the thing on my desk is telling me it might get up to 43 on Wednesday. Making plans now! I'm ready!

Of course Wed will be the warmest day this week... I will be watching my daughter and working from home. SOB! Tomorrow when I CAN play it will be cold as hell, and cold again for the weekend... total BS.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Of course Wed will be the warmest day this week... I will be watching my daughter and working from home. SOB! Tomorrow when I CAN play it will be cold as hell, and cold again for the weekend... total BS.

LMAO!!

BM, I would invite you down for a round, but the weather just doesn't seem permissible. This cold recently has been quite rediculous. I am used to 50* here, with a chilly day occasionally. Maybe its the beginning of the new iCE aGE? I guess we can get some black balls to play with if that happens. Maybe, I will get with you again when the weather breaks 40*. BTW, I think I'm going to get me the 9032 driver we had talked about before, I tried one out and really liked it.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

LMAO!!

yeah... I'd be happy to meet you someplace for a round if the weather breaks... or whenever. I am always looking for people to play with. You should click on that link in my sig for pickup18, they have some cool events and are starting a tour next year.

As for that driver... you liked it eh'... I definately have to go try one soon. The newest speedline (the FAST10) was in GD on the Hot List, not that I put too much stock in that. Anyway... hope the driver works out, and just give me a heads up if you want to play. I play sporadically on one of the 3 days my wife gets off work which are different each week, but she usually has her schdule about a month in advance, so I can plan around it pretty easy.

Note: This thread is 5246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!