IGNORED

Golf Club Theft

Note: This thread is 6467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Twice I have had single clubs stolen. Right after Ti-Bubbles came out I received one as a gift. Third time I played with it it got stolen. I was in paying for my round. Since several of the courses I play you cannot see your bag from inside, I now always leave my clubs in the car until I have paid. Another time I was chipping and putting I left a brand new cleveland wedge on the fringe while I putted the out the 3 balls I chipped. When I went back to my chipping spot the wedge was gone. Since it was easy to walk to one of the tee boxes or even off the property, there was no way to identify a possible suspect. I usually buy last years models when I buy, but I would probably be out 2 grand also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

You guys make me thankful I live where I do. Theft is not a problem here. At least not on the golf courses I play. I don't recall in the 6 years I have played ever even hearing about stolen clubs. I would support legislation to make club theft the same as horse theft.... hanging. I think anyone who would steal golf gear or flyfishing equipment is a scumbag beyond salvation and they should be wiped off the face of the earth. Of course, I had a Dad that thought theft was the lowest of the low. He told me once that you could commit murder and when you got out of prison, you could probably find a job, but if you were caught stealing, no one ever trusted you again. I took it to heart.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Well, when my Ping dealer sold me my new G5's this summer the first thing he said was not to leave my bag unattended as they were one of the most stolen clubs around and also that he had a customer get his clubs stolen the day after he bought them. This is southeastern Wisconsin between Milwaukee and Chicago (Racine and Kenosha) and is a NASTY crime area. I was raised and lived in central (sparsely populated) Wisconsin my early life and in a couple years I'm going to retire up there. This ratrace is for the birds.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

alright jeepthrills just for you...

We kinda got ourselves in a bit of a mess because i pushed him and he fell onto a display rack and broke a brand new TaylorMade Dual Hybrid...and he wanted me to pay for it but the pro said if he (the bad guy of the story) didnt pay for it he would bring him up on charges of harassing an employee (or some official legalality of the sort) so he paid for the club and i had to go in front of the comitte and explain to them why i pushed a member and whatnot...it was total bullshit because people saw waht happened, including the pro...but nothing came of it, and i didnt get in any trouble and so the job continues until college this fall....

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

Hmmmmm, guess your avatar says it all ......

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

hahaahaha and i cannnnnnnnnnnt wait!

but if you read it all, you'll see that it wasnt my fault, right?

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

someone took my bag with all my clubs from a course here where I live. I was freaking out screaming and yelling. I only left it alone for 25 sec no longer, so I thought that a**hole cant be far. I started to run to the parking lot and guess what I saw a man about 40 to 45 walking with my Taylor Made tour bag to his car. I ran up to him and said hey that is my bag you got there. He was like no its not, I said open it up and I will let you exactly what is in that bag. (rain cover was on and zipped up) he placed the bag on the ground and looked. I could tell from the look on his face he had no idea what was going on.. he then said HOLY SH** your right this isnt my bag. He gave the whole I have the same bag and all Im thinking ya right you thief. We walked to his car where his wife was and he opened his truck and what do I see?? a taylor made tour bag just like mine with the rain cover on and zipped up.. his wife took his bag and had already put it in the car while he went to the bathroom. after everything was said and done he asked me so whats the pitching wedge for?? I brought my buddies wedge to bet someone to death with.. lucky for him I asked first and didnt just start by breaking his knee..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

.. his wife took his bag and had already put it in the car ..

IMHO she deserved a wedge into a knee

lucky you. I had the travel bag picked up at the Myrtle Beach airport once. I went to get the rental car first and by the time I came up to the claim area there was only one bag left, that looked exactly like mine. On the way from the airport my cell went off - a guy on the pipe, appologizing for picking up my clubs... Funny thing - he was staying in the same complex, just 3 townhouses down the road

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

...Of course, I had a Dad that thought theft was the lowest of the low. He told me once that you could commit murder and when you got out of prison, you could probably find a job, but if you were caught stealing, no one ever trusted you again. I took it to heart.

holly molly. I'm sure I'll NEVER piss you off! I don't know about you, but I rather lose my wallet than get my throat slashed

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's nice to see that they didn't just side with the money and say to you "sorry, but the member is always right." Chances are, most of the other members wanted to do the same thing.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

holly molly. I'm sure I'll NEVER piss you off! I don't know about you, but I rather lose my wallet than get my throat slashed

I don't think he was advocating murder, just making a comparison of how people felt.. Although, growing up in the rural south, a valid defense was always, "He needed killin'".

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

One thing I haven't seen mentioned. On at least 2 occaisions I have left a club on the course and someone turned it in. Once a wedge left by the green and once a trouble wood that evidently bounced out going over a bump. Quite a few headcovers also, although I am down to one right now

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Like many others before me I have just become a victim of club theft. I was traveling on a common airline to a golf resort in Florida. I was looking forward to pulling out my new weapon, a $400. Driver, on my golfing buddies. I bragged about for weeks threatening them with this new surgical instrument.

Well, I arrived at the course unzipped my travel bag to find my new weapon was gone. I was absolutely devastated. When I contacted the airlines I was informed that the claim should have occurred immediately and it was too late to hold them responsible. Vowing to avoid this from happening again I began a search for a solution and I finally found one.

My friend at the local golf shop directed me to a product he saw on TV. Since it wasn’t available at any store I began to search for it on the Web. After a brief search I found it. The name of this product is the “Gator Jaws Club Guard”. I purchased it and was very surprised as to how well it worked.

If you value your clubs you had better begin protecting them because thieves value them as much as you!!

That must suck. And whats worse is the airline . If you are a frequent traveler with the airline, you might be able to get some satisfaction via a letter.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Note: This thread is 6467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!