IGNORED

Two Inch Putting Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 6463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I've seen a 2" practice hole at a few courses, and I'd like to buy one for my home course (and a hole cutter if necessary) so that I can have a 2" cup on the practice green.

I'm not sure where I can buy such a thing. The only real golf course supply company I know (wittek.com) didn't have any.

Where can I buy one?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have no idea where you can buy one, but let me tell you that you've got to cut it often because it gets abused at my course. People seem to putt to it about 5x more often than the other cups. If we have a tournament, by the end of the day it's a spike mark warzone.

i probably wouldnt be too hard to cast one, at my course we have a regular putting green and a smaller one with the 2 inch cup...they get the same treatment so it's a great way to practice the accuracy part of the putt on course-like conditions...

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

• Administrator
In thinking about it more, it maybe be better to have an insert that would reduce the size of the cup to two inches. Then I wouldn't have to worry about people cutting the cup.

Then, too, it wouldn't be as "true" as putting to a smaller hole. It'd look fake and the dissociation your brain would make might make putting to it less effective than a true smaller hole would be.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!