IGNORED

My turn...critique my swing! (video)

Note: This thread is 5207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

mj,

There is not too much natural with golf. We play in a tilted position, which is very unnatural, swing the club on a circle to hit the ball straight. You are right in the fact that impact is where it matters, but there are more efficient ways of consistently arriving there.

Scott,

That is exactly what I mean! If you draw a line from your right hip down, notice how the hip moves to your right on the backswing. Doing so delays rotation and will allow the arms to lift the club to the top of the backswing becoming vertical. Yes, you will benefit from better wrist angles at the top and 'matching up' of arm swing and body pivot..

Scott,

Great, thanks for the reply. Yeah, so basically I can tighten up my backswing and downswing by eliminating excess body movement and making a better wrist hinge. I'm not trying to make any huge changes, but these thoughts along with working to increase my forward press will give me something to focus on going forward. More forward press + less body movement + better wrist hinge = plenty for me to think about! Thanks for the replies, guys.

Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Note: This thread is 5207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!