IGNORED

Other sports that help your golf game...

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Weight lifting actually hurts your golf swing because it reduces your flexibility. Weightlifting is fine if you just get really toned, but if you start adding muscle it only hurts your swing.

Please don't confuse "weightlifting" and "lifting weights". Weightlifters (athletes who perform the clean and jerk/snatch) are as flexable as they come.

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

Please don't confuse "weightlifting" and "lifting weights". Weightlifters (athletes who perform the clean and jerk/snatch) are as flexable as they come.

Good point. I made the same mistake. The correct term, body builder(s), are considered to lose flexability.

Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Weight lifting actually hurts your golf swing because it reduces your flexibility. Weightlifting is fine if you just get really toned, but if you start adding muscle it only hurts your swing.

Depends on type of lifting you're doing. Check out Titleist Performance Institute on this. TPI trainers talk about strength (ability of muscles to do work) vs. power (strength + speed applied to a particular athletic motion.)

Also, here's trainer's site on plyometrics , exercises designed to build power and explosiveness: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...er.html?cat=50

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are some other sports that you have found helpful for your golf game?

Hockey- Lots of similar muscle groups used in shooting and a golf swing-plus a lifetime of hockey lends itself to a strong base and good balance.

Yoga-has really helped my flexibility. Softball just kills my golf swing-I figured out last summer I can either have a good softball swing or a good golf swing, but not both.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

Swimming. It allows you to rest and pump blood through your golfing and walking muscles while strengthening the muscles you don't use a lot in golf and increase your lung capacity. If you have any sports injury, swimming also helps you heal faster.

Titleist 909 DComp: 9.5 degrees, X-con5 S | Callaway FT 3,5 woods, Fujikura Fit-On E-160 S | Cleveland Hybore hybrid: 22 degrees, stock R | Mizuno MX-200: 5-G Wedge, Exar IS4 S | Solus Wedges: 56 and 61 degrees, Proforce Rv2 95 S | Nike Unitized Techno putter

Baseball. Every decent baseball hiitter gains good distance almost instantly. Although, maybe is not a good idea to keep playing both at the same time, since the swings are too similar, and it is difficult to keep them independent.

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

I've found playing basketball all my life has helped the mental aspect of my golf game. To me, a 4 footer is like taking a foul shot in a big game, you know what you have to do and what it feels like, you just have to know how to deal with the pressure. Also, clearing my mind and calming myself down before a game is similar to what I do in my pre-shot routine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!