IGNORED

Free Practice Field

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

St Petersburg, Fl has on occasion been noted for stupid things our city council members vote spend tax money on. Recently we've been treated to a number of Dog Parks and the casual fencing in of city parks. This week I found a new luxury that was funded by our tax money only this time I have to say "wow that makes sense".

They funded the construction of a 12 acre(est) driving and practice range. Only a short drive around the lake from my house it features a small artificial turf putting green, and four target areas 100, 110, 130 and 150 yds. It has six plastic tee pads for bad weather but the area is so open you can just hit from the grass in front or behind the tee area. The best part is it is entirely free and untended. The area it's located in is municipal usage so houses are to the north and not in danger of being hit. and to the south is a collection yard for yard waste(tree branches, leaves, etc). They even provided a parking area. It free and shag bags are the way to go. The local guys are friendly and not shy about practicing competitively for a $1 a hole. I went out there yesterday and today again. Hit over 150 balls today and it cost me nothing. I think my days of paying $9 a bucket for range balls may be over, for a while at least.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

St Petersburg, Fl has on occasion been noted for stupid things our city council members vote spend tax money on. Recently we've been treated to a number of Dog Parks and the casual fencing in of city parks. This week I found a new luxury that was funded by our tax money only this time I have to say "wow that makes sense".

So, it's wasteful spending if you don't like it, but a good use of money if you do?

So, it's wasteful spending if you don't like it, but a good use of money if you do?

Those were my thoughts....

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Yes, thats called an opinion, you voice that if its what you think. Others are expected to accept it whether or not they agree.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Dude thats awesome, where in St pete is that?? Man that would be nice to work on approach shots all day and save 11 bucks everytime I do it!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

+1. My thoughts exactly.

---------------------- Very cool. Wish they had one around here although it'd probably put most of the ranges out of business.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Dude thats awesome, where in St pete is that?? Man that would be nice to work on approach shots all day and save 11 bucks everytime I do it!

The name of the Park is Dell Holmes, it is located on 22nd st a block south of 26th ave south. Easy to get to from I-275. I didn't know anything about it until a teaching pro at Mangrove Bay told me I needed to find it and work on my swing. I was out there this morning at 7:30am. No excuses anymore for not practicing.

Is there a 26th st exit on 275?? Im not too familiar with St Petes, I rarely make it out there, but this might just give me an excuse.

Do they cut the grass over there?

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

+1. My thoughts exactly.

+2. Great if that happens here, but also agreed that this would be bad for range business.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!