IGNORED

what's wrong with the reds? liverpool, that is.

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very nice seeing Wigan get their second ever win over a Big 4 club today. 1-0 today over Liverpool and 3-1 early in the season over Chelsea.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

What's wrong with the reds? Well this American doesn't have an opinion but if I called up my 87-yr old Grandmother she'd have more than a few words! She lives about equidistant from Goodison and Anfield and has had season tickets longer than I've been alive. (I'm almost 31) -- Not a single item of red in her entire house. When she would come visit us here in the States and we'd pick her up our red car, she would sit and rub an Everton key chain the entire car ride. :) -- I suppose I'm an Evertonian by default, but I don't keep up with it like my family 'back home.'

I swear there are 2 things I will do before I die, play pebble beach, and go to anfield and sit in the kop for a home game against man u or chelsea. I've been a fan for only a few years, but I've noticed a lot more people actually recognizing my jerseys as I walk around on campus in whitewater. Funniest part was last wednesday I was wearing my LFC track jacket and one of my professors asked to see it more closely and was like "ohhhh Liverpool Football Club!" everyone else was kinda like o.O

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

What's wrong with the reds? Well this American doesn't have an opinion but if I called up my 87-yr old Grandmother she'd have more than a few words! She lives about equidistant from Goodison and Anfield and has had season tickets longer than I've been alive. (I'm almost 31) -- Not a single item of red in her entire house. When she would come visit us here in the States and we'd pick her up our red car, she would sit and rub an Everton key chain the entire car ride. :) -- I suppose I'm an Evertonian by default, but I don't keep up with it like my family 'back home.'

whoa, she sounds like a tough bird. wouldn't want to cross her, i suspect. i wonder if she'd sell me one of her tickets for the derby next season and she and i'll both don our respective club's jersey and drink pints and yell at each other when our team scores?

aquilani is quality! fernando torres is the best striker in the league. after a rout of portsmouth, i feel we might finally have the right team on the pitch to ensure a place in europe next season and top the premiership. go reds!

aquilani is quality! fernando torres is the best striker in the league. after a rout of portsmouth, i feel we might finally have the right team on the pitch to ensure a place in europe next season and top the premiership. go reds!

Portsmouth are the worst team in the Premier League by a country mile,they would be lucky to survive in the next division lower.

I wouldn't be getting carried away because we beat Portsmouth,a bigger test will be on sunday against Man United,beat them and yeah I might start believing we can finish 4th but as it stands now I can't see Liverpool finishing 4th

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

I'm sick,I hate losing to the Mancs..
In fairness they were the better team and really showed up Liverpool's faults.
Rafa just has to go,along with half the team.
Gerrard was terrible today as well,its laughable to think they will finish 4th

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

I'm sick,I hate losing to the Mancs..

we need to lose rafa, stat! hopefully we will be able to keep our world class striker mr. torres. stevie g isn't going anywhere, and aquilani is quality along with kuyt, mascherano, reina, and benayoun. the rest need to go, if we ever want to win a league title or get back to europe in the next 10 years. i'm sick of rafa's ineptitude. one champions league title doesn't merit him tenure enough to get the results we've been getting lately.

it's almost a given that if we don't come in at least 4th place, torres and gerrard will be gone. i don't even want to think about that, but if it did happen, what would we do then?

I think Alonso has been a big loss for liverpool and they are paying the price this season. They have hardly played like a team all season, I just hope they have a good run of wins till the end of the season.

A big loss? Yes...The reason we are playing so bad this year? No.

Alonso had a couple of bad seasons after Liverpool won the Champions League but Liverpool coped pretty well,I don't buy into the theory that the reason Liverpool are so poor this year is because of the loss of Alonso
it's almost a given that if we don't come in at least 4th place, torres and gerrard will be gone. i don't even want to think about that, but if it did happen, what would we do then?

Gerrard has been awful all season,Get say £30million for him and maybe £70 for Torres thats £100million for new players,Personally if I thought that £100mill would go to new players then I would nearly think it would be the right way to go,you could get 4 or 5 Top players for that sort of money.

Torres would be a huge huge loss,Gerrard not so much of a loss if you ask me

• 2 weeks later...
game over for liverpool after todays draw and now 6 points back of us and we still have a game in hand, happy days

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

game over for liverpool after todays draw and now 6 points back of us and we still have a game in hand, happy days

yeah, and looks like you bastards might have our skipper as well.

• 3 months later...
i'd like to take the time to thank gerrard, torres, reina, and kuyt for staying at anfield. however, i'd like to kick reina in the balls right now for losing the match. but all in all, a refreshing performance from the boys in red.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to be joining this thread a bit late.

I'm from Liverpool born and bred, and until The King!! took over a few weeks ago, we looked woeful and in serious demise. However Kenny has really perked things up (as I write this we've just sold

Torres but brought in Carroll and Suarez). Hats off to our American owners for putting the Torres cash straight back into the team (unlike the Hicks era).

Hopefully the rest of the season will be promising and we can use it as a springboard for next season.

And I hope Kenny's handicap (I think he plays off about 7) gets a lot worse.!! For a good reason of course!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I know the Liverpool fans love Kenny but I don't see him as being the 'saviour' you need. For the last 5 or 6 seasons Liverpool have been beating the big teams and losing to the smaller ones. Their problem has been scraping to a barely acceptable finish. My wife is a Liverpool fan and I've been giving her the same message for years:

Firstly, you need to decide where you want to be competing. If the answer is for the Premier League title and therefore a genuine top 3 club then you need a proven top manager: Mourinho, Scolari, Wenger (although he's won nothing for 6 years), Ferguson etc and you need to demand success and not give too much time. You also need to focus on the title you want to win, e.g. The Premier League and forget the rest (even the Champions League) - yes it will need investment but Benitez invested plenty.

I don't believe Kenny will bring the regular success that the fans want so desparately.

Stephen McMaster

Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!