IGNORED

How do you take your tea?

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Six "Luzianne" tea bags brought to a rolling boil, then allowed to steep while 1.5 cups of pure white cane sugar are added to 3/4 gal of warm water (to aid in dissolving sugar), add steeped tea, top off gallon with water till full. Stir until all sugar is disolved completely. Serve over ice with a wedge of lemon. Usually better when referigerated overnight.

luzianne is the best, by far! but, i have a different preparation method. i boil two cups of water, then add my teabags and steep to make a concentrate. i add my sugar to the warm concentrate. then i add my concentrate to already cold water so it can be drunk immediately. it's necessary to be creative when one doesn't have an icemaker.

At home we've got Earl Grey and PG Tips. I like it brewed strong with milk and sugar. Some places in England, you can order a London Fog--Earl Grey, steamed milk, vanilla syrup.

Around these parts, sweet tea is great, but I'm trying to cut down on the sugar intake. So I'll order unsweetened iced tea, hoping they have a lemon slice and some sweet and low.

The Arnold Palmer is good over ice.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 3 weeks later...
I like white tea (Silver Needle is one of my favorites), green tea (Matcha) and oolong tea (Ali shan, also a favorite of mine). After reading this I think I will go make me some Silver Needle.

Today was a coffee day for me. Just found a local roaster that is cheap, friendly, and based on the first cup, makes exceptional coffee. I'm thrilled because the last one I found went out of business a few months after I started shopping there. Nice step back up from the supermarket stuff.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I really enjoy sun tea. Take about 6 teabags and place them in a 1 gallon glass pitcher with a lid on top. Place out in the sun for 4-6 hours and sweeten to your liking. The longer it sits in the sun the stronger. The tea will have a much different taste than regular iced tea. Keep the tea in the fridge once it is done in the sun and only keep it for 1-2 days since the water wasn't boiled it won't last long.
Also enjoy Arnold Palmers or an Arnold Palmer made with green tea which I named a "Green Jacket". I better get that trademarked.

didn't know you guys drank sweet tea up north. i've never seen it in any eating establishments up there.

Where I'm from in Indiana, most people seem to drink it sweetened. Indiana thinks it's in the south by the way. And neighboring states think we're all a bunch of hicks anyway.

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Note: This thread is 5132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!