IGNORED

Balls, balls, balls.....

Note: This thread is 5163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So far my favorite ball has been the Titleist NXT , I like them better than the Pro VI ... But if your wanting a really good ball for a great price, the Maxfli Noodle is the way to go. I can't afford to always buy the NXT's so I end up buying the Noodle.. I found them at Sam's Club for $19.99 for a twin pack (2 doz) To me, the Noodle is the way to go for what your asking.

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

Precept Laddie X-tremes were my favorite cheaper ball. I always thought they played similarly enough to the NXT's, but were often available as a double dozen for $19.99.

Ditto on lostgolfballs.com as another alternative esp if you want "premium" multilayer balls at a discount price; their AAAA quality balls could almost pass for new in my experience (i'm a Taylormade TP fan myself currently), and the AAA's are very playable as well.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

When I started to read these forums, the general opinion was (and still is I think) that 1st tier lost balls were the way to go.
As you can see I have no handicap, and I started playing late last year, so Pro V1 class balls are a waste for me.

I've been stacking up on lost NXT tour, and I thought I was satisfied with how they reacted overall.

A friend of mine who is an 8 hcp was kind enough to play with me on my first 18 holes course ever last Monday, and he handed me a sleeve of new DT SoLo, saying that I should start with something more forgiving.
WOW, what a difference! those balls jump off the face of the club and feel very very soft. Their trajectory is quite high, so on approach shots, they still do stop on the green even though they clearly don't spin as much as 3 pieces ball.
I was a convert immediately after my first stroke with it.

Best part is I can find a dozen for less than 18 bucks (here, JP¥1695) shipped, which is actually a few JP¥ cheaper than the AAAA NXT Tour I used to buy.

Nike One Vapor

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

I agree with Nike Tours @ $59 for 2.

Premium performance at your price point. I agree with "Srixon's on to something" but so is Nike. They are making a h#ll of a good ball at the right price point for the average golfer. I enjoy playing the Tour D but the Call Tour ix remains in my top spot. Once in awhile they can be picked up for 2 @59.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

Through my university team I am sponsored by Titleist (as you can see from my bag) so I get Pro V1s at great prices and they are the best ball ever(period). But even at a discount they are expensive and I like to carry loseable (new word and I like it) balls in my bag and though I can get NXTs for almost nothing I pay retail and get TF Gamers. I probably shouldn't say this but NXTs dont even compare to Gamers. I would argue that I get almost 80% of the spin of my Pro V1 and they are magically durable for such a soft ball. I've been known to ruin Pro V1s with one or two wedge shots where as I can hit a gamer 5 or 6 times with a wedge with no damage.

My suggestion to you is to play Pro V1s because they are the balls you will score the best with but if you cant afford to lose them go with gamers for sure.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

I was playing the NXT Extreme's for a while and liked them. I recently did a ball fitting for $20 at Golf Galaxy, and although I think they remove Titleist as a option in order to promote other brands, I enjoyed playing the new ball they recommended (Callaway Big Bertha Diablo). I would recommend doing a fitting to make sure you are not paying for more than your swing/swing speed can afford.

I forgot to mention that you can also get ProV1 practice balls for about $25 a dozen. They are brand new but have some slight imperfection that does not affect the average player.

----------------- IN MY BAG -----------------

Irons: Diable Edge
Gap Wedge: Jaws 52 Degree
Hybrids: 3 & 4 HybridDriver: Diable Edge 9 DegreePutter: White Hot #9 PutterBall: Big Bertha Diablo GPS: uPro

Note: This thread is 5163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!