IGNORED

Droid and Golf Logic Newbie

Cussin hacker
Note: This thread is 5145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the GolfLogix app on my MyTouch. I am impressed with the features but the main thing I like is the stat recording. I find it easy and quick to input all the data from the previous hole and move on. Then looking at the data after the round it is surprising that perception isn't always reality. And I find it useful to spot trends and help identify weak points in my game. All in all my favorite app!

I have a Droid and used the 24 hour trial that GolfLogix was offering and loved it. I also tried nRange which gave you aerial views via Google Earth and you could touch the screen and it would give you yardages and the front/center/back of each green but when trying to get the cursor to certain spots it was tricky and cumbersome. It was more tedious and time consuming whereas GolfLogix, you just turn on the screen and you can see all the important yardages. I turned the screen off once I got my yardage and over 18 holes I had 55% battery life remaining which is pretty good. I bought the GolfLogix yesterday and will see how good all the other features are as well.

Driver: : R9 SuperTri TP w/Matrix Ozik HD6X
3 Wood: Fusion 15* w/ NVS 65S
Irons: MP-67 3-PW w/ DGS300
Wedges: MP-R, 52*,56*,60*
Putter: Karsten Series Anser 2

Congrats, I hope you enjoy the phone and the app.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I downloaded and used the Golf Logix app today (I have standalone GPS as well). Do they not actually have pictures of the holes? Is it just distances with the same stock hole picture? I didn't know if that was just a trial thing or that's how it always is.

I thought GL was supposed to have pics of the course on cell phones. The Freecaddie app only show distance which is fine by me. Used it for the first time today and was pleased with it.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Both GolfLogix and Golfshot are good on the iPhone. I use the Golfshot score card app on my iPhone in conjunction with my SkyCaddie SG2.5. I have been thinking of not re-upping my SkyCaddie membership and going with Golfshot on the iPhone for the main reason that the SkyCaddie needs to be synced with the computer to load courses, and it only holds 20 of them. With the iPhone you just show up and play. I'm doing a 3-day golf trip next week, I'll try it out and see how it goes. My friend uses the Golfshot app and his yardages are always within 5 yards of the SkyCaddie.

BTW, Golfshot uses aerial photos so you can see the entire hole. Really is a nice feature. And it is a one-time fee, no annual subscription.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I envy you folks who have gps enabled phones, our provider disables the gps unless you buy their app and I don't know how well that interfaces with these golf aps. I'm stuck looking at stand alone options like the Garmin and others.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Picked up my HTC Eris droid yesterday. After doing some more research I went with the Freecaddie app. I was surprised that it had all the main courses that I play. Haven't got to use it yet, but think it will work just fine. Not as hard on the battery life from what I've read. I also added the Shotracker app to my phone. It's a simple app that checks and logs the yardages for your clubs. Some of you may want to check that app out. Thanks for the info guys!

I downloaded the Free Caddie and use it everytime I play. It's not the most accurate thing, but it really does help. And its FREE!

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I downloaded and used the Golf Logix app today (I have standalone GPS as well). Do they not actually have pictures of the holes? Is it just distances with the same stock hole picture? I didn't know if that was just a trial thing or that's how it always is.

I downloaded and used the trial version of the Golf Logix app for iPhone today. To see a satellite photo of the hole you just tap the little icon of the globe in the lower right corner of the screen that shows the distances. You can also tap any spot on that photo to get the distance from your current position to that point.

I have to say I was really impressed with the app. It was very overcast and stormed intermittently during our round, but it was always able to give an accurate yardage. I didn't have a laser range finder to really judge it with, but I checked it against course markers on pretty much every hole. It was always more accurate than I could estimated on my own. I've read several complaints about the battery usage, but have to say I did not experience any issues. I started the round at 100% and was at 84% after 18 holes.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I downloaded and used the trial version of the Golf Logix app for iPhone today. To see a satellite photo of the hole you just tap the little icon of the globe in the lower right corner of the screen that shows the distances. You can also tap any spot on that photo to get the distance from your current position to that point.

Thanks! I'll take another look... sounds like a promising app!

Note: This thread is 5145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!