IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

47 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

image.png

FORE!!!!  😉

What did you think of the course?  It's less than an hour from my house, but I've never ventured out in that direction.

What are your favorite courses in this area if you don't mind my asking? I've been trying to get to a number of new courses this year vs last year where I really only played the same two.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

What are your favorite courses in this area if you don't mind my asking? I've been trying to get to a number of new courses this year vs last year where I really only played the same two.

:offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Went to the range. 

Struggling low pointing the ball right now. It feels like my head is moving all over the place. 

My aim is way off right now. Trying to work on getting more square at set up with a slightly open club face at address. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am wondering if it’s how he head travels from A4 to A8

1CD0F856-FD55-4D9B-838B-C05B9570FBCA.png

22FA7D49-AC5F-472B-BF67-10146F522483.png

B98A23BF-32D5-4A48-9B69-55F3E24DC222.png

The hips are off the wall, the head stays steady pretty well at A7. The I try to get the left hip back out and the head drops down. Like I am trying to bend over sideways to look under something. 

Maybe my weight is to on my heels? 

The backswing is OK, brobably B-ish. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Played in a scramble today. For the most part I hit the ball well. 

My main focus was to grip the club so I it is open at address. I find this helped me out a lot with my irons. The club felt more open at the top of the backswing, flatter. Also, it felt like I needed to rotate more to hit the ball on target.

Driver was OK. It's a scramble, so I am doing stupid-ish shots after my dad gets one down the middle for me. 

Going forward, 

1. Set up with the club face open, maybe a bit weaker grip in the right hand. 
2. Keep the swing shorter.
3. Turn through impact.

These three things let me hit the ball on target a high number of times today. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played 9 holes today, 

Shot pretty well. Stuck with trying to aim set up better. For now it feels like I am aiming by body left and my club face is pointed right. 

Then I focus on making a short backswing. Overall, I am happy with the shots. Short game was pretty solid as well (60%). Should have been a tad higher. I three putted from the fringe two times. I wasn't solid on putts inside of 10 FT. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Worked on putting. For me, setup is key. I am setting up aiming to far right. I need to be leaning over the ball better with more flex in my elbows. 

Distance control on lag putting has killed me lately. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

(edited)

Struggled with pitching practice today. Most of them were either 1 inch to half an inch fat, or shanks.

I think I’m lacking turn speed. Also, my right shoulder is dipping down too much. I started to pick up the speed a bit and it helped some. 

Hopefully that’s the case and contact cleans up a bit. 

I was hitting 55 yard shots with a lob wedge. Maybe the shot type was wrong. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played 9 holes

First time my short game and putting carried my round. 70% scrambling with 11 putts!

i finally feel like I’m getting the pitching motion down now. Less hitty with the hands. 

I was slightly out of play too many times off the tea. I ended up advancing the ball to a nGIR. Once I got confidence in my putting they started to fall. 

Im pretty sure my misses were do to setup and not keeping my head steady. When I got those two right I had some great shots. Easy enough to fix. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played 18

Driver was a struggle today. Probably need to shorten the swing. 

Irons were solid for the most part. 

Short game was not good. I struggled with chipping. Got a hit handsy. 

Putting was either really good or bellow average. The aim is really better and the quality of strike is better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the range after the round today. 

Worked specifically on chipping and driver. 

For chipping, it’s more of a shoulder rocking for shorter chips and torso turn while staying in my tilt better. If I let my right shoulder drop, then I hit fat chips. 

The driver still needs some work. I am getting stuck again. Probably too long of a backswing. What seemed to help is feeling more torso turn in the backswing. Chest facing away from the target more. This seemed to help my irons as well, when I hit a few. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Sigh, bunch of bad habits today. Keep falling back on my swing. If I don’t I pull hook everything. No on the course fix as of yet. 😩😩😩

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

You still tend to skip too far ahead in the process. You forget the “Success” S-word.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You still tend to skip too far ahead in the process. You forget the “Success” S-word.

So, need more success on the right pieces?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So, need more success on the right pieces?

You know the answer to this. You’re just too eager to skip ahead to the end.

Matt, I didn’t hit more than 10 balls full speed for three months. And those were just for fun.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

You know the answer to this. You’re just too eager to skip ahead to the end.

Matt, I didn’t hit more than 10 balls full speed for three months. And those were just for fun.

Fair enough. 👍

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Fair enough. 👍

Obviously I’m not saying don’t play. I couldn’t during the winter. But when you play, just play. When you practice, do it right. There are no shortcuts.

I get that.

I guess today was just one of those bad days. I couldn’t do anything to hit a decent shot shape. 

At least I putting well. Some silver lining. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag