IGNORED

Tiger and Watson to play in US Open

DavidFehertysBike
Note: This thread is 5118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, it seems we've quoted two of the five times in his professional career he's made an early exit. And we've exhausted the list of times he's done it at a major.

But someone says he never missed a cut i remember right maybe i misread some earlier posts

But someone says he never missed a cut i remember right maybe i misread some earlier posts

I don't remember seeing it.

He's only ever missed 3 cuts in majors, despite playing in 57 major competitions since 1995. His first one was in 1996, and then he had one in 2006, and one in 2009. It's nowhere near absurd to say he's a lock for the weekend, because it's a very small percentage chance of him missing the cut.

Ben

I give Tiger a 98% chance of winning, Phil 1% and the field gets 1% . I just have a feeling he is going to own that tourney.

I wouldn't put Phil at a 1% chance. He's won at Pebble 3 times.... twice in the last 5 years. Considering Phils performance at the Masters and the fact that the US Open is the one tournament he wants to win more than anything, he's got to be the favorite.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I wouldn't put Phil at a 1% chance. He's won at Pebble 3 times.... twice in the last 5 years. Considering Phils performance at the Masters and the fact that the US Open is the one tournament he wants to win more than anything, he's got to be the favorite.

I think tiger is the only golfer that you can reasonably predict to win a tournament, so its kinda easy to pick him. Phil is too erratic to predict that he will win any tourney, let alone a major. He is just as likley to miss the cut as he is to win. You just have to wait and see what phil shows up. So thats why i got him at 1%.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Tiger will contend. I don't think that's debatable. And as far as winning, I'd put my money on him. I think he was pretty pissed off at the fact that he hit some shots about as well as I would have on the weekend at Augusta and my bet is that he's going to take it on himself to not let that happen again.

He wanted to win the Masters (among other reasons obviously) to shut some people the hell up already. Instead he went out and even though he finished 4th there was a ton of attention diverted to his popped up drives and fat approaches. So despite the fact that he proved again that he plays at a level above and beyond what mere golf mortals are capable of (5 months away, crippled personal life, shattered image, lack of practice... top 5 finish) he walked away with a chip on his shoulder.

My bet is Tiger comes out on-point from Thursday all the way through Sunday this time. I think he'll play 1-2 tournaments before then and clean up some of the sloppy play he dragged through Augusta with him and you will definitely see him on top of the leaderboard on the weekend.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

In related news, Tiger has committed to playing in The Players Championship and the AT&T; National.

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Tiger Woods added two more tournaments Wednesday to a schedule that is not much different from previous years except for the timing.

Tiger will probably make a good showing unless he gets slapped with divorce papers during a practice round on Tues or Wed and the media has a field day with it . . .

IN MY BAG:

DRIVER: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus 65G S shaft
3 WOOD: TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium 3-wood 15* Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 S shaft
UTILITY: TaylorMade Stealth 19* 3 Hybrid Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S shaft
IRONS: TaylorMade P760 3-PW;/TTDyn Gold 120 S-300
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 54* TTDyn Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 58* TTDyn Gold X100 8i shaft
PUTTER: PING BeNi Scottsdale Anser or Ping BeNi Anser 4 34.5"
BALL: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

You can't deny the odds are always against a Tiger Woods 2nd round exit.

What were the odds this week?

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What were the odds this week?

Especially since it was at a course that some say could host a major anytime it wanted.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!