IGNORED

The Bridgestone Commercial

iacas
Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Bridgestone is airing this commercial where a guy hits a ball through a series of cloud-like tires that then materialize and fall to the earth before rolling towards the green (where he holes out). Unfortunately:

1) The guy hits a snap hook
2) The guy is teeing off from near a green (there's a change in cut and a bunker within 30 yards of him)
3) He gets a hole-in-one on a par 4?

C'mon now, Bridgestone - every time I see the commercial I think "stupid Bridgestone" not "I should buy their tires."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are you talking about?

Why in the hell doesn't looking at Stuart Appleby's face not want to make you run out and buy tires! A lot of tires! The ad is top notch. Guy hits it through tires, they appear out of thin air and drop and roll in bunkers. It's perfect.

• Administrator
What are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure Stuart is NOT in that ad. I'm not talking about that dumb "BOOM" one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like Bridgestone products, in fact in the late 80's early 90's I raced a couple of their mountain bikes.

What I don't get is why they are pushing tires and golf - OK, they're the same company but I don't see the advantage of pushing tires to golfers.......

What I don't get is why they are pushing tires and golf - OK, they're the same company but I don't see the advantage of pushing tires to golfers.......

Don't golfers have cars??

In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Don't golfers have cars??

No, we all get by with push/pull carts

Okay let me step on what I sadi before, yes I can understand why to advertise tires to anyone for that matter. I just don't understand why Bridgestone keeps pushing tires and golf balls together. Also like I said, I like Bridgestone products so this isn't a slam on them

I thought the Bridgestone ads with the flying tires was pretty dumb, but I like the one where they hit the ball through the concrete block wall...

If I started listing the commercials that I thought were dumb, or missed their target audience, I would be here all night.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Their TV advertising may be lackluster, but their on the course use of well endowed women in tight t-shirts with "BOOB BOOM" accross the chest is the best I've seen. There was a pack of about 8 of them at the US Open, so we followed Freddy for quite some time. Funny, I don't remember seeing him......

In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

ahah yeah those women were incredibly hot.

i was about to go up to one of them and say "so..i already use your product, what do i get now?"

incredible cuties at winged foot on thurs. glad my $39.00 (or whatever i pay) is being put to good use

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!