IGNORED

My Swing (Bart)

Bart
Note: This thread is 5116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Two swings with my 6-iron.

Any thoughts/tips are appreciated.

In my Grom:

Launcher 9.0 and 3W. Fujikura Hit-on-M Red X-Stiff
'09 Burners 3-AW. KBS +1" Stiff. 1x hard-stepped
A7 2H. UST ProForce Axiv Stiff 56.08 SW Stainless. G5i Putter. TP Burner LDP or Bridgestone e6+.

I think my introduction may have been lacking, or I should have explained what I'm working on. Please forgive--the former incarnation of my golf game was well before Al Gore created the Internet, and I'm still trying to feel my way around this forum.

I didn't want to say what I'm working on, because I'd prefer unbiased opinions on my swing. Regardless, since I'm just getting back into the game, I'm working on so many different things that it's hard to pinpoint some one thing in particular I'm trying to improve. Basically, I just want to find a smooth, repeatable swing and go from there (as if it were that easy).

Anyway, thought my post might not have been adequate or got lost in the shuffle and wanted to make one more plea. Thanks again.

In my Grom:

A7 2H. UST ProForce Axiv Stiff 56.08 SW Stainless. G5i Putter. TP Burner LDP or Bridgestone e6+.

Any thoughts

First you need to answer the question nobody wants to ask - elaborate on something as it were.

That "swing trainer" you're wearing - what does it do?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

First you need to answer the question nobody wants to ask - elaborate on something as it were.

Ha! Yeah, I guess that looks a little weird. I don't know for sure, but it has something to do with helping the computer calibrate my height, posture, etc...The guy that gave me the lesson made me stand up straight for a few seconds so the camera/computer/whatever could get a fix. Both straps had a battery pack on the back, so I assume they served some sort of function, but I didn't ask specifically about the technology.

They were practically unnoticeable, which is why I didn't think to mention them in the first place.

In my Grom:

Ha! Yeah, I guess that looks a little weird. I don't know for sure, but it has something to do with helping the computer calibrate my height, posture, etc...The guy that gave me the lesson made me stand up straight for a few seconds so the camera/computer/whatever could get a fix. Both straps had a battery pack on the back, so I assume they served some sort of function, but I didn't ask specifically about the technology.

Oh no, they're noticeable - just checking to make sure what they were, in case you forgot to wear your shirt on the outside that day. D'oh!

Hard to say with the super slo motion - capture a couple vids yourself in real time, hit a few balls too. I'm not saying I can help with anything (look at my handicap - not stellar), but there must be some reason nobody piped up. Typically there are a few comments on every vid.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Looks like a Golftech set up and video.

Keep in mind that your instructor may have different swing beliefs, but I'd say the thing I noticed most was the lifting and separating move you do at the end of your backswing. I believe you should try to keep your right arm connected to your torso at the top of the backswing.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Overall, there are many good things about your swing. I like your impact position with good arm extension.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Looks like a Golftech set up and video.

You can't compare everyone to Hogan. Hogan's swing was very different from the modern golf swing. He stayed more or less on a single plane. Totally different, apples and oranges.

The only issue I would point out is a cramped position at the top on the upper face on video. The lower one looks better. You just need to keep that width to the swing. The other issues, which in my opinion isn't an issue, is the fact that the clubhead goes back to the inside. This is not a flip though, just a late wrist cock, something I may just be notorious for (I don't break my wrists till I reach the top of the swing, it helps me get a little pause and lag.)

Here's a video at normal speed (rather than super slo-mo). I'm swinging a 2-hybrid, which is what I use most often off the tee. I look a little...jumpy...or something.

The ball started out straight and hooked left about 5 yards into the rough. My usual shot with that club is a very slight fade or a long hook, but I'd eventually like it to be a draw (same goal with the rest of my irons).

Thanks very much to everyone who commented. I agree 100% that my shots turn out better when I have a longer takeaway.

Thanks in advance for any additional comments. I hope to have a few more videos to post soon. My girlfriend has volunteered for camera duties--although she doesn't know it yet.

In my Grom:

Your lifting your head up a lot on the backswing, and standing up. Work on maintaining the same spine angle and keeping your head more still. It your head rotates slightly or moves backwards lightly it's no biggie, but you don't want your head to rise vertically 6 inches.

Here's a video at normal speed (rather than super slo-mo). I'm swinging a 2-hybrid, which is what I use most often off the tee. I look a little...jumpy...or something.

Fantastic job swinging through the ball, as opposed to at it. I would say the tempo seems a bit uneven, maybe a little like you're not comfortable. You do go up then down, which is not terrible, but harder to time reliably. I'm working on getting all the timing out of my swing, and I notice all the time that my "bad days" are not as bad when my timing is off. Those little compensating moves are killer when you're timing is off, and I highly reccomend fixing them.

i cant tell where your aimed but i would bet you have a pretty good out to in path. you need to start down slower and smoother, and initiate it with a litthe hip turn. if you start a little slower comin down you might be able to get the club down onto the right plane. what does your ball flight most commonly look like? another thing that makes me think you starting down with too much upper body (insufficient hip turn) is your foot on the follow through. look at it. see how the heel is outside your toe instead of straight vertical. that USUALLY means your upper body went first and pulled the lower body around after in the downswing. tell us how ur ball usually flies

i cant tell where your aimed but i would bet you have a pretty good out to in path. you need to start down slower and smoother, and initiate it with a litthe hip turn. if you start a little slower comin down you might be able to get the club down onto the right plane. what does your ball flight most commonly look like? another thing that makes me think you starting down with too much upper body (insufficient hip turn) is your foot on the follow through. look at it. see how the heel is outside your toe instead of straight vertical. that USUALLY means your upper body went first and pulled the lower body around after in the downswing. tell us how ur ball usually flies

I think he's doing the old aim right, swing left thing.

Note: This thread is 5116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!