IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is that an Ohio state fan telling another team to play someone?????

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, b/c teams like Texas, Southern Cal & Miami are certainly nobodies. :rollingeyes:

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

It will be the usual suspects. The BCS is set up to maintain the status quo. Im hoping to see Wisconsin win the Big Ten and make a serious run at a Rose Bowl or better. This is the first season in a while that Bucky will be ranked at the beginning of the season and they look to be a quality team this season.

Apparently the officials at last Saturday's game also wanted to see Wisconsin have an opportunity to win the Big Ten this year.

Butch

Um....yes.

Our schedule thus far > Michigan's schedule thus far. As a matter of fact, it's also been harder than Floridas schedule thus far. Thanks for playing though. Give me a call in 10 more years when you find another Tebow and are relevant. Wait...even he lost to a sub-par Michigan team. Nevermind. :P EDIT: Didn't that same Michigan team that beat "Super Tebow" and squad lose to App State? Yeah....that just happened. Remember: We have scheduled and played Texas, Miami, USC, and will be playing Oklahoma in a home and away. We also schedule Washington when they were contenders but by the time it rolled around they had fallen off the map. Yes we play cupcake in state schools...who doesn't? It helps them get some limelight and good revenue. That doesn't mean we don't TRY to schedule reg season games with BCS opponents. Most of them don't want to travel north and play in the cold (see 65 degree) weather. I also feel they're afraid of The Shoe. Ask USC and Texas what it was like to play there at night. SEC homerism squashed once again. Class dismissed.
Yeah, b/c teams like Texas, Southern Cal & Miami are certainly nobodies. :rollingeyes:

Thank you. My point exactly.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

Class still in session By playing them i mean schedule them, yeah you played Texas because you walked through your easy schedule, oh and wait you lost. and just wait our schedule gets harder, if you think our schedule is so easy why don't you schedule a few sec teams? oh wait its because yall are 0-9 in bowl games against the sec.

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 

GO GATORS!!!!

I just did some enlightening reading and wish to share. Sure OSU has it's faults, everyone does. No we're not elitist. There are, have been, and on any given season can be better teams. For any Florida fan to pull that elitist bullcrap is laughable. When an Alabama fan on here is cordial and the FL fan wants to point fingers it really puzzles me. Alabama, like OSU, USC, Oklahoma, UM, ND, and a few others I would call all time "elite" programs. Florida on the other hand would go with Georgia, Wisconsin, Oregon, Penn State, and some more on the level of "great" programs.

I'll take this opportunity to share what I have found.

Florida National Championships
Ohio State National Championships

Florida Heisman Trophy Winners
Ohio State heisman Trophy Winners

Floridas current head coach is from Ohio.
Ohio States current head coach is from Ohio.

Floridas Undefeated Seasons (Don't give me that 1911 with a tie bullcrap)
Ohio States Undefeated Seasons

Floridas Conference Championships
Ohio States Conference Chapionships

Urban Meyer has just two more SEC wins then players arrested in his tenure at UF.

I'll stop there. I sincerely hope you, and anyone else interested, read through every link and compared. Please, for the sake of your school and your conference, let the 'Bama fan represent from now on.

Thank you and have a great day. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Class still in session By playing them i mean schedule them, yeah you played Texas because you walked through your easy schedule, oh and wait you lost. and just wait our schedule gets harder, if you think our schedule is so easy why don't you schedule a few sec teams? oh wait its because yall are 0-9 in bowl games against the sec.

Man I wish I had gotten my post up earlier to prevent the nonsense that spews from your fingertips.

We walked through our schedule to play Texas? They were our 2nd game both seasons. Fail #1. We lost to them? Once. We beat them more recently than they beat us. Fail #2. Why don't we schedule SEC teams? We have tried. They decline. Get up here in cold, rainy weather and play us. We're not scared. SEC teams only play in their back yard. Even in bowl games we played on your turf. Against LSU we played in Louisiana for crying out loud. Get off your high horse. It's legs are broken. Read my previous post and please, PLEASE stick to golf. College football smack talk doesn't work for you. EDIT: Before I forget, why are you throwing out the 0-9 bowl game bit? It's tired. Either you're a Florida fan or you're an SEC fan. What has YOUR team done against us? Won 1 NCG. Convincingly I will admit. Other than that you've been sub-par throughout history. EDIT 2: Yup, your schedule will get harder. 3 ranked teams. Nail biter. Be careful finishing your season with App State and Florida State. Scary... What's that? What's our schedule like? Oh... just 5 ranked teams. Who do we end with? 2 RANKED conference rivalries. EDIT 3: Good article showing SEC homerism and why players choose Ohio State over SEC teams. "I thought Ohio State had more to offer," Heyward (right) said in late August, after the team's final scrimmage. "They weren't just worried about football. It was preparing me for life. It just felt like a family here, with all of the tradition that goes around here." Now, if you're gonna call "class in session" please have something to inform or educate on as I have. Otherwise...class dismissed.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Ohio State had nationally ranked Miami, Iowa, Penn State and Wisconsin on their schedule. Hardly an easy schedule. At least not to anybody who knows college football.

BTW - While traditionally, Florida has a tough schedule being in the SEC....The SEC East is not a good division this year. UGA = terrible Tennessee = terrible Vandy = horrible SCar = mediocre Kentucky = below average. Alabama is easily the best team on Florida's schedule....and LSU has a long way to go.

What's in my standbag:

I never said Florida was an elite team, they are my team and thats who i pull for. all i am saying is quit talking about how great osu is when you don't play anybody. Come to the SEC and you will lose at least 4 games. Just the past 12 years SEC nat. championships 6 big 10 nat championships 1. Florida strength of schedule 18 OSU strength of schedule 61.

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 

GO GATORS!!!!

Ouch!! Haha! I was wondering when that would come up.

Ohio State had nationally ranked Miami, Iowa, Penn State and Wisconsin on their schedule. Hardly an easy schedule. At least not to anybody who knows college football.

I am obviously an SEC fan, and you are correct. The East is nothing to brag about. The SEC period this year is weak with the exception of Alabama. I never thought I would say this being a UT fan, but thank goodness for Bama

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never said Florida was an elite team, they are my team and thats who i pull for. all i am saying is quit talking about how great osu is when you don't play anybody. Come to the SEC and you will lose at least 4 games. Just the past 12 years SEC nat. championships 12 big 10 nat championships 1. Florida strength of schedule 18 OSU strength of schedule 61.

I never talked trash. It was friendly banter between myself and a Michigan fan who was excited over a 3-0 start....which is where they were at this time last year before they fell apart. I never said OSU was great to him, only that UM hadn't played ANYBODY when we already played a ranked team, something Florida hasn't even done. Then you come in and get all in a hissy. Apparently 1 victory over us allows you to proclaim dominance. Give me a break.

Also, yours "just in the past 12 years" comment makes absolutely zero sense. It's not even worthy of trying to defend as I cannot decypher what point it is you are trying to make. Talk all you want about Steele's strength of schedule rating, (which I know you had to google, I can do that too). In the end we're playing more ranked teams. Also, with the addition of traditional powerhouse Nebraska and a conference championship game I predict we'll see the downward spiral of the SEC continue. Rest easy in knowing that when you return to power in 5-10 years you'll get to beat your chest again. Most things are cyclical. For the elite teams it's not however. Elite teams "bad seasons" are 2-3 losses tops. Now, PLEASE, for your sake, read through the links posted and realize you have no ground to stand on. You're not helping yourself at all. Stop chasing me, you won't last.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Ouch!! Haha! I was wondering when that would come up.

Obviously he chose to ignore my post of facts. Typical homerism. :P

I am obviously an SEC fan, and you are correct. The East is nothing to brag about. The SEC period this year is weak with the exception of Alabama. I never thought I would say this being a UT fan, but thank goodness for Bama

Did you see OSU and Tenn are doing a home/away in a few years? :) I've always liked Tenn. We'll see what happenes when the time comes.

Uh oh...Ohio State scheduled an SEC team for the regular season. Looks like gator boy just ahd another "fact" blow up in his face. :) I'm glad ALL SEC fans aren't total scrote's. I know you feel all OSU fans are but I respect a good conference and a good team. I DON'T respect haters and homers. I'm looking at YOU Mark May! lol

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I never said Florida was an elite team, they are my team and thats who i pull for. all i am saying is quit talking about how great osu is when you don't play anybody. Come to the SEC and you will lose at least 4 games. Just the past 12 years SEC nat. championships 6 big 10 nat championships 1. Florida strength of schedule 18 OSU strength of schedule 61.

The SOS that you are referencing is games already played. Miami of Ohio, USF and Tennesse. Lots of world beaters there.

Give me a break. Again, tOSU has nationally ranked Miami, Iowa, Wisconsin and Penn State on their schedule. Hardly easy. Even the lowly Northwestern team kicked the crap out of SEC East's Vandy.

What's in my standbag:

The SOS that you are referencing is games already played. Miami of Ohio, USF and Tennesse. Lots of world beaters there.

You'd figure if he's such a big fan he'd get off the internet and help his center and QB work on snaps or something. Hahahaha!

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Did you see OSU and Tenn are doing a home/away in a few years? :) I've always liked Tenn. We'll see what happenes when the time comes.

I haven't seen that. Cool. I just hope that UT can rebuild somewhat by then. They have a good base right now to build on, and I see glimmers of hope. They are just making some big mistakes right now.

I am not an "all SEC fan and everyone else sucks" kind of person. I like watching top 25 matchups. I don't care if it's Boise State, OSU, Alabama, USC, or Stanford.....I like good ball games. Of course I pull for my favorites (which include Michigan no matter who they play or when they will fall apart ), but everyone does that. And most will argue for their team to the death no matter if they are wrong or not. That's just the competitive nature of the sport.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First off i never came on here in a hissy, and second i was saying in the past 12 years the sec has won it 6 times, I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that. And i don't even understand how you are making a point on your prediction of the sec. This debate could go on until we are both blue in the face, we will talk in January. All i am saying is I don't give a damn where Urban Meyer is from, that means nothing to me, and you want to talk about convicts, what about Maurice Clarette the biggest waste of talent to ever come out of osu. I just wish you would play some sec teams, and don't give me that crap about the sec being scared to come up there and play

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 

GO GATORS!!!!

I love seeing Tebow cry. That is all I can say! haha

How do you guys think the UT (University of Texas) Longhorns look and what will be their outcome?

I think there is a solid base and major potential for the future of Longhorn football, I just don't think my team has enough experience this year...

Driver: currently: POS future: 10* Diablo Edge
Hybrid: 24* #4 Diablo Hybrid Steel
Irons 3-PW: X14 series
Putter: White Hot XG Marxman Mini Putter

First off i never came on here in a hissy, and second i was saying in the past 12 years the sec has won it 6 times, I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that. And i don't even understand how you are making a point on your prediction of the sec. This debate could go on until we are both blue in the face, we will talk in January. All i am saying is I don't give a damn where Urban Meyer is from, that means nothing to me, and you want to talk about convicts, what about Maurice Clarette the biggest waste of talent to ever come out of osu. I just wish you would play some sec teams, and don't give me that crap about the sec being scared to come up there and play

The SEC won it 6 times in 12 years? Really? I didn't know there was an SEC team. I was under the impression that Tennessee, LSU (2x's), Florida (2x's) and Alabama won National Championships....not the SEC. Last time I checked, every SEC school doesn't hang a national championship banner every time a team in the conference wins.

Conference pride is for fans of s****y teams....period. Good teams can care less how good their conference is. Other schools in the SEC (South Carolina, Kentucky, Miss State, Ole Miss, etc...) just love gravy training the good teams success. And the good teams can't stand it. None of those teams contribute anything to make the conference good or great.

What's in my standbag:

Note: This thread is 4725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!