IGNORED

playing without a glove

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Players w/o a glove look uncomplete to me. Sorry, I come from the Quirky uniform awareness school like the loyal followers of www.uniwatchblog.com On this site, many of us so obsessed look at pro and college athletes and critique their "looks". From this, I think a pro golfer look right to me wearing a hat or visor, and a glove. As far as Myself, I look at it for function. I am a lefty who plays right handed. My other swing sport - racquetball, required a glove on the dominant hand - for me, the left. One thing I picked up from that is that the racquetball gloves are better than our golf gloves.

Seriously, everyone on here should just try a Ektalon or Neumann glove with "tackified" leather. These gloves also are made for heat dispersion, and our usually more durable with sweat and the like than golf wimpy gloves.

My issue about golf is slippage on my driver swing. At the top of my backswing, I occasionaly losen up and have to "re-grip" during the swing. Results are horrible hitting behind the ball or toppers off the tee. I am going back to racquetball gloves starting today on the left lead hand, & hope to report back with the world of difference results on my drives.

In My Orlimar Arctic Cart Bag: (A Desert Survival tool)
Driver:MP-600 10.5 Fujikara 360 S
3w:2009 17 deg. Launcher Fujikara Gold R
Hybrids:MX-700 17 deg. Exsar FS4 R, G-10 21 deg. UST V-2 R
Irons: 5-pw MP-32 True Temper R300Chipper/wedge: 37 deg. IDEA A3OS ChipperGW:MP-t10 Black Satin 52.07SW: V...

I ran out of gloves one day because of sweaty hands and really liked the feel of the grip without a glove. I never used them since. I keep a small towel for wiping down my grips.

I have 2 towels on my golf bag. I think after they both get washed again (they need it) I will start using one for balls and clubs and leave the other attached so I can use it to dry off my hands. We were playing in 90 degree heat this past weekend and I found the best solution was a few cubes of ice in my hand they would melt which would cool off my hands and then when they were dry they would stay dry for long enough to allow me to hit a shot (or chip and putt when I was around the green)

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!