IGNORED

playing without a glove

Note: This thread is 5070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anybody here play without a glove? I played on tuesday without a glove and found that I actually preferred playing gloveless. Granted it wasn't hot, so I wasn't sweating, and I could see in the summer that being a problem.

The grips that I play with are Karma black velvet (very similar to GP's Tour velvet) I plan to switch to a Dual compound grip next week, so I iwll try that glove less as well.

Thoughts?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I play with a few people that go without gloves, its not really an option for me because my hands sweat more then any person i know so i need the extra grip. In fact in the summer when its really really hot i may break out the rain gloves they sweat so badly.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

I play with a few people that go without gloves, its not really an option for me because my hands sweat more then any person i know so i need the extra grip. In fact in the summer when its really really hot i may break out the rain gloves they sweat so badly.

it can be getting that hot in conneticut?? Come to texas and feel the REAL summer heat. You start to sweat from just walking out the door to go out side.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I have played without a glove my entire life. Only time I put a glove on is if it is raining.
Driver FT9 with FUBUKI
Woods CB2 3 7
Irons MP67 irons
Wedges 52, 56
Putter 2 Ball Black SeriesBall PRO V1 Upro

No glove for me.

I have sweaty hands, but still prefer no glove. Gloves just make my sweaty stinky hands worse.

Whats in my Four5....

10.5 degree R7 460
Great Big Bertha 3W
Bazooka Geo Max 3H MP-32 3 - PW 588 Raw Tour Grind 52 degree 588 Raw Tour Grind 56 degree BC1

it can be getting that hot in conneticut?? Come to texas and feel the REAL summer heat. You start to sweat from just walking out the door to go out side.

I would like to get out of New England and play some courses. Its not 100% the heat thats responsible I'm just one sweaty son of a gun. Also, probobly doesn't help that all of my clubs need to be regripped.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

Well, I like the glove for that extra bit of tack but I just started playing all my shots 100 yards and in without a glove and I've gotten some better results. I play Lamnkin crossline cords. I don't have sweaty hands either. I just like how the glove takes my attention away from my left hand.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just like how the glove takes my attention away from my left hand.

When I'm out of town, my wife makes me wear cabretta underwear.

Kidding - unless it's winter or I'm digging a hole - gloveless.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Often no glove during the winter months, definitely use a glove when it gets warmer. Too many blisters when the hands start to sweat.

Driver & FW: Ping G10 12* Driver & 17* 4W w UST Proforce V2 HL Reg
Hybrids: Adams A7 19* & 22* w UST Mamiya ProForce AXIVCore Reg
Irons: MP-60 5 - 9 w Nippon Shaft 950GH Reg
Wedges: Eidolon 48* 52* 56* 60* w SCoR Graphite Reg
Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X3

havent used a glove in 15 years of golf

started this year (no idea why) but i now prefer it
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

WWFCD?

Gloveless here. I just don't need a glove to grip the club, not even when it's 95-100 degrees and 95% humidity here in SE IndY!

gloveless---I like the extra feedback and is hassle taking on and off for short game

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I don't usually practice with a glove, and on the course I usually only use one for the long game... pretty much anything 6 iron or shorter and I'll take it off.

Around the greens I don't like to wear one for sure becuase I get a better feel.

My Dad of course, even wears one when he's putting

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

The last time I played I forgot my glove at home and didn't feel like going back to the club house to buy one, I figured if I played bad on the front I would get on at the turn. I was -1 after nine and ended up shooting +2 overall, my best round ever and it was without a glove... I always thought I need a glove but I guess not!!

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

I've found I play better without a glove. Never have had a problem not using one. Same with golf shoes......I think folks think they have to have these things and thats not true for everyone. Look how Freddy has played without golf shoes.....his best golf in years.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I've found I play better without a glove. Never have had a problem not using one. Same with golf shoes......I think folks think they have to have these things and thats not true for everyone. Look how Freddy has played without golf shoes.....his best golf in years.

That's why I don't play wilth a glove! Big fan of Freddy, don't know when he quite wearing a glove but I haven't worn one in more than 10 years. Expecially with today's grips, I feel a glove is even less important, plus it's just one more thing I don't have to buy and try and keep track of....

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 5070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!