IGNORED

How do you like to get around the course?

niblick
Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you like to get around the course?

• ride in a power cart
    • walk and use a push/pull cart
    • walk and carry
    • walk with caddie

take it and and go run for 30 minutes, you'll burn more calories doing that then walking a golf course.

Actually, you won't. Carrying your golf bag will easily burn over 700 calories and is infinitely more fun than running on a treadmill or riding the exercise bike for 30 minutes. Those 700 calories doesn't even take into account the energy expenditure of picking up / putting down your bag after every shot, or your actual swings.

Contrary to popular belief, golf is excellent exercise. I wish more 18 hole courses down here let you walk. I only know of 3. One is closed for renovations, the other is too far of a drive, and the third is impossible to play in less than 5 hours. Fortunately, I don't need to rely on carrying my bag for exercise.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is funny, down here in FL its very rare for places to allow you to walk and the few that do allow you to, I usually NEVER EVER play there.. I get enough exercise, golf is not a sport to get you in shape IMO, unless you're doing it everyday.

My knees and hips wouldn't allow me to run for 10 minutes, much less for 30. Besides that's dreadfully boring. Playing 18 holes of golf, walking, will do as much for you as 30 minutes jogging, and is far more fun.

And it is NOT slower... that is spoken from ignorance. I can walk a full 18 holes pushing my cart in under 4 hours. I played in Florida last February at one of those "carts required" courses and the 2 rounds were never under 4.5 hours. Pace of play has very little to do with how you get around the course, it has everything to do with simply being ready to play when it's your turn. Granted, there are times of the year when I wouldn't walk in Florida even if the option was there, but that just isn't the case here in Colorado. I can walk in 100+ temps here... not fun but I can and have done it. We do have courses where walking isn't an option, but they are mostly all mountain courses where you would need to be conditioned like a triathlete to get around on foot.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have walked with a caddie on a business trip. It was a great way to golf (especially when I didn't have to pay )

When I am paying, I like to walk, carrying my own bag, but usually end up riding as the guy's I play with like to ride.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I love to walk but so many new courses now have so much distance in between tee boxes its a real pain. I probably do 50/50 walk and carry vs ride depending on the course were at and conditions of the day.

I just bought a new SMS Speed Cart but I can't use it at my home course. No problem though...I can use it at the other courses I play.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I am joining a golf course that has 4 courses ( Palm air ) in FL, normally the price is 110.00 during the winter time to play and 50 bucks in the summer, with the 600.00 membership it gets cut in half as far as pricing goes..
But whats cool is they have two courses they allow you to walk, and one of them if you play at 10:00am or later its completely frees, the other one is free after 2pm

Its kinda cool, I will for sure once a month walk one of the courses, but I still rather be in a cart ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and I am a health buff

I almost always walk, because at my home course, and all of the other courses here you have to be 18 to drive a cart, I am 14. Although aside from that, on the topic of driving, in Alaska you can get your permit at 14, ad lisence at 16, so I have my driving permit now

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I don't know whats up with you guys! Drunk driving a golf cart is almost as fun as golf!

Seconded. Most of the better cart stories come when alcohol is involved.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I love to walk and carry. It just seems really peaceful and makes that day always seem better when you walk.

No idea why though.

Whats in my bag?

Driver:R7 425 TP 9.5*
Woods:R7 Ti Fairway Woods (3 & 5)
Irons: RAC MB TP Forged Blades (3-PW)Wedges: Forged Wedges 56* and 60*Putter: Studio Style PutterBalls: ONE BlackWhat I WearGlove: ReactShoes: Adidas Powerband"You've gotta want it. You've gotta want it more than everybody...

• 1 month later...
I walk using a pull cart I rent from my local golf course. I'm thinking about purchasing a push cart before next year though.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Walking is good for your health . Its will make your feet feel better if you use comfortable Cross training shoes with soft rubber spikes . These gives your heel and arch the proper cushion to reduce feet stress . It also would be to your advantage if you carry your bag with less clubs . I normaly have a very light bag with 6 golf balls , 6 clubs and lots of snacks . Sometimes the snacks outweigh the irons and bag put together .

I WISH my home course would let me walk...its the best.

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

• 2 weeks later...
I much prefer to walk, and just picked up a nice push cart so I don't have to rent one anymore. I find I play better when I walk, but I'm not fond of packing my sticks on my back. How about you?

I'm surprised how many carry. I like to walk with a pull cart. The wheel is a wonderful invention, and it's much easier on the back. Plus I can carry more stuff.

I walk and carry. I have a Sun Mountain 3.5 bag that is super light. I find I am more in focus when I walk to my next shot. Riding in the cart is distracting to me. Unfortunately most of the nicer courses I want to play require carts.

• 1 month later...
Seconded. Most of the better cart stories come when alcohol is involved.

I just had a thought. . . you aren't moe or ron from the KY/IN golf site are you?

I am moving to Louisville next month and plan on following their course recommendations very closely!

Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!