IGNORED

How do you like to get around the course?

niblick
Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you like to get around the course?

• ride in a power cart
    • walk and use a push/pull cart
    • walk and carry
    • walk with caddie

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the poll is not clear enough to me... is the question - 'what you'd LIKE to do?' or 'what are you doing now?'. First - is walk with caddie. The latter - cart riding or walk/carry...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the poll is not clear enough to me... is the question - 'what you'd LIKE to do?' or 'what are you doing now?'. First - is walk with caddie. The latter - cart riding or walk/carry...

I agree. I would LOVE to play with a caddie, but where I live that isnt very common. I walk because the course I play (as most courses) charges way to much for a cart. I would rather play twice walking than once with a cart. The course I play is basically cut out of the side of a mountain. I believe there is one maybe two greens/fairways that are not elevated in some way. I use a carry bag and let me tell you by the time I am done with 18, I am wore out.

REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

I love to walk and carry when I can but the island courses that I play are sometimes impossible to do so. Hills and hills and hills. I'd have to get out every other day to keep in condition.

Come to think of it. Why don't I do just that?

Aloha,
E
Getting To Scratch | Wie Blogging

The intent of the question was "what do you typically do?"

I guess I could have worded it better.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I don't like carrying my clubs for 18 holes. Couple a little heavier bag with a rain-jacket and some junk in my bag and its kinda heavy. So I have an old pull cart that a buddy gave me.

I was pretty jealous of the three wheel push cart niblick was sporting when we golfed a couple of weeks ago. I'll be getting one of them as soon as I am able.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I don't like carrying my clubs for 18 holes. Couple a little heavier bag with a rain-jacket and some junk in my bag and its kinda heavy. So I have an old pull cart that a buddy gave me.

I got a gift card to Golfsmith for my birthday over the summer, and there was never a question about what to get. That push cart is awesome - I've been really happy with it. My golf swing on the other hand, well, that's a different story.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I got a gift card to Golfsmith for my birthday over the summer, and there was never a question about what to get. That push cart is awesome - I've been really happy with it. My golf swing on the other hand, well, that's a different story.

I was happy to show off my pull hook for you and Mike all day long so, yeah, my golf swing is another story too.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Walk and carry is the only way to go IMO. That's the way the Scots did it, its the way the pros do it and thats how I will do it until I can not physicly do it anymore. By that time I hope I'm going on 90.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

i walk and carry. i am fairly young and definitely able, and i need the exercise, so that is what i prefer to do. my home course is very hilly and it is quite a tough walk early in the season, but it is fine once you get your conditioning back.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

I walk and carry during the winter or if Im playing no more then 18 holes then use my push cart, I love that thing, the tour bag is too heavy for 36 holes on the weekend..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I am a walk and carry guy, unless it too wet to stay reasonably dry. Don't like squishy feet :) I am not opposed to riding when its really hot. It can get pretty humid here in the summer.

Taylor Made Burner TP 10.5*
Taylor Made Burner 15*
Taylor Made Burner 19*
Taylor Made Dual 19*
Taylor Made Dual 22*Srixon I-506 5pwSrixon WG 504 56*Callaway X Tour 60*Yes SophiaSrixon Z UR

Because of some intense chemotherapy 5 years ago, I have been using a sit-down cart mostly. I have peripheral neuropathy in the feet, they tend to give me trouble somewhere in the back nine if I walk. But recently my wife bought me a Sun Mountain E-cart (electric motor in front hub). I really love it, because my feet seem to handle 18 holes OK if I don't have to push or pull a heavy bag. I just walk straight to my ball behind this puppy, and all my clubs are always to hand - unlike walking from and to a sit-down cart, with all the restrictions on where you can ride it. But I still have to stay away from walking on the cart paths, which are like daggers to my feet after a while.

This electric cart also has a built-in seat that I use whenever my feet start acting up. So now I'm walking again mostly, except for really hilly courses. This may sound like a commercial endorsement but it aint - I recommend people like me with certain medical issues consider some sort of walk-behind powered cart so that they can get some exercise out there while enjoying a round.

BTW, my condition does not affect my game at all, since I've lost no motor control - it's no excuse when I blow a round!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!