IGNORED

My Swing (Stretch)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Stretch

Without the characteristic Stretch hat and Stretch exit, I'm just not sure how I can go on anymore.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I'll wear the hat again someday just for you. But I'm NOT hitting any more deflected cuts, sorry!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Great work Stretch.  I have the same tall guy problems you do that creep into my golf game, posture, too close to the ball at address and moving my head back away from the ball on down swing.  Thanks for this thread, has help me see problems in my swing that I need to address.  Maybe I'll start a my swing thread someday.

I guess that's pretty good for a No Talent Assclown.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

I guess that's pretty good for a No Talent Assclown.

I celebrate his entire catalogue.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• 3 weeks later...

I've been scoring horribly for months and months, while working to integrate some minor little tweaks -- like changing both left- and right-hand grips, going from a stock fade to a stock draw and adopting a new putting method.

Hasn't been a barrel of laughs!

Had the feeling more recently, though, that it was all starting to come together. And it finally did ...

Only spoiled by a slow start, really. Last time I had a chance to break 70, I three-jacked the 18th green. This finish felt better!

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

Still knocking on the door of 69. Hit my approaches within 8 feet on both 15 and 16, missed both putts. Otherwise orderly. Drove it lovely.

Main mechanical focuses at the moment are feeling the elbows staying closer together in the backswing and adding more pressure into the left heel in the downswing.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

Wow, every fairway hit. Most excellent.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

What a boring back 9.

Originally Posted by Stretch

Still knocking on the door of 69. Hit my approaches within 8 feet on both 15 and 16, missed both putts. Otherwise orderly. Drove it lovely.

Main mechanical focuses at the moment are feeling the elbows staying closer together in the backswing and adding more pressure into the left heel in the downswing.

i hate my baseball swing

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

How's the distance?  Improving?  You were concerned about it at one point.  Your prior stills look like you should be smashing it nicely.

[ Equipment ]

• 3 months later...

Have been working on more reliable draw alignments with the driver.

Combined with a more positive angle of attack.

Hitting it pretty well (for me) and have picked up probably 15 - 20 yards over my old pull fade pattern, which is nice.

Stretch.

Nice!  I like the increased distance piece.  Something that once I get better with the steady head piece, and right elbow.... I need to experiment more with.  When we were at Ely last month, I was shocked that some of my drives were negative 4.  That is way too far down for my swing speed, and something to monitor for sure as the average player will struggle immensely swinging that much down with a driver.

Yeah, but length isn't really one of your main limiting pieces. Me, I'm still trying to graduate from "wicked shaaht".

Stretch.

Howzit strech? I just read the whole thread and it makes interesting reading. Some folks on here reckon that the higher handicap players(me) really shouldn't comment on swings and coaching stuff but Ah, what the hell!

I should preface my remarks by saying you seem to enjoy your game and your enthusiasm really comes through.

BUT, when I first saw your swing on the first page I thought you had an unusual, idiosyncratic swing. It kinda looked a bit odd. Don't get me the wrong way here, there's more than on way to skin a cat and you've got yours...I've got mine etc etc. THEN, you posted some of your scores and I thought holy crap that's some good golf there. So I went back and had a closer look at the swing videos again. Anyway, it dawned on me that in your swing you've removed most of the high risk/ high return moves that can turn a reliable swing into the opposite. So the swing is short, there's not a big wrist cock, there's no big shoulder turn, the legs look stable, there's no straining for power etc etc. When you look at it....really , what the hell could go wrong with it. It looks like you could swing for days and days and not miss fairway(damn you! )

So, anyway my 2 Rand would be does it really matter that the elbow 1 inch off here or the club heads 3.5 degrees to the north of some idea of good. I mean if you can hit 14 fairways then reliability and repeatability aren't big problems. I mean, by tweaking the angle of this or that are you really going to swing better or get any more accurate (14 fairways!!!....I'm just jealous!) I'm just not a big fan of video analysis of golf swings. I mean it's kind of interesting, but the idea that you can fix something....(that in your case, definitely aint broke ) by looking at individual snap shots seems to jump logic.

Executive summary: 1: Enjoy the hell out of your golf swing.....it's working really well.

2: Analysis of still shots of video is a load of baloney.....or boerewors depending on where you are.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Note: This thread is 3172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!