IGNORED

My Swing (jwolf02)

jwolf02
Note: This thread is 5088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally got a decent camera and some decent video. Got my clubs extended the other day and been spending some time at the range. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

Driver:

6 iron:

One more question...

Should I be ok getting that much flex as an amateur? I've seen pics of pros, specifically one picture I can remember of Tiger, with much more flex than that, but not sure which club. I knew that lengthening my clubs would make them "more flexible," but I've never noticed that much action before and I'm worried I might be getting too much now, although I'm also sure that should be the least of my worries when it comes to my swing. I'm aware of the counter production it can cause if the clubhead is "going in reverse" aka the shaft is beginning to straighten back up... Right now I've got Project X 5.5's in there. My avg. driver swing speed is around 104... at least according to the golf simulator at the local golf galaxy.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

That flex might be fake, some camera's can't deal with the clubhead speed and when played back show a lot more flex.
You've got a nice swing with a lot of lag.

you seem to get "caught" just after impact, maybe somebody else will expand on that

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Should I be ok getting that much flex as an amateur? I've seen pics of pros, specifically one picture I can remember of Tiger, with much more flex than that, but not sure which club. I knew that lengthening my clubs would make them "more flexible," but I've never noticed that much action before and I'm worried I might be getting too much now, although I'm also sure that should be the least of my worries when it comes to my swing. I'm aware of the counter production it can cause if the clubhead is "going in reverse" aka the shaft is beginning to straighten back up... Right now I've got Project X 5.5's in there. My avg. driver swing speed is around 104... at least according to the golf simulator at the local golf galaxy.

Ha! The forward flex in the shaft is an illusion. The camera records progressively, from top to bottom. The pixels at the bottom are taken at a later moment in time. Because the shaft is moving, the lower pixels, therefore, show the shaft at a later position.

Try this, take the camera and put it upside down, and record the swing, then flip it over. The shaft will lean the opposite direction. Two things to mention. 1. You take the club back on the inside. You've got to counter rotate the wrists. 2. You're aiming way to the right of the stick, a very common flaw. You don't aim your feet at the target, you aim them left of the target, so it's natural for people to line up to the right like that.

you seem to get "caught" just after impact, maybe somebody else will expand on that

Thanks man. I hope someone does, looking forward to figuring that out. Thanks again.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW

Ha! The forward flex in the shaft is an illusion. The camera records progressively, from top to bottom. The pixels at the bottom are taken at a later moment in time. Because the shaft is moving, the lower pixels, therefore, show the shaft at a later position.

Thanks SAM. I definately feel like an idiot about the flex thing! I think I was a little too sensitive to the fear of lengthening the clubs affecting the "relative" flex level.

Any chance, if you get a second, you could explain the counter rotation? I've been trying to work on not taking the club back inside, but it feels like I always catch the ball thin or push fade the crap out of the ball if I bring it back a little more "vertical", although I don't think I'm getting the hands deep enough at those times (or with this takeaway as well). Thanks man.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW

Too much weight is stuck on your back foot. It appears your left hip wants to get out of the way as quickly as possible so the right hip can fire through. But the right hip can't move very quickly with most of your weight over it. Push your hips forward first to transfer weight to the left side and then rotate your right hip through.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Note: This thread is 5088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!