IGNORED

My Swing (James_Black)

James_Black
Note: This thread is 5087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It isn't the best quality but It's still good.

I put it on swing academy since I prefer it to youtube.

http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=6489

Any advice?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Here's a youtube video if anybody wants it. (Quality is better with swing academy)

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Nice looking swing - the only things I notice from your video are the following:

Difficult to tell from the video quality, but if that's a driver in your hand then your ball position looks quite far back - it actually looks close to where I have it in my stance and I tend to hit shorter than I should drives that go quite high. I think having in back in your stance makes hitting up into the ball difficult and causes excess amounts of spin.

The other thing I noticed - and it could just be an illusion caused by the stripe on your top - but your left arm appears to bend halfway through your backswing and re-straighten at the top. This could just be that stripe on your top playing tricks on me though...

Again, it's difficult to tell from the quality and a down-the-line shot would be useful, but it almost looks like you're getting stuck on your downswing. At the point where your club is horizontal to the ground in your downswing, your hands appear a little far behind your body - in my (fairly uneducated ) opinion they should be pretty much in front of your right leg at this point, rather than behind it. Are your shoulders quite closed at impact and do you hit many fat shots?

The final thing I notice is that your feet are completely square, which may hinder your ability to get through the ball with your hips - maybe try opening your left foot a little...

Take all of this with a pinch of salt,

-Ross

Thanks for the reply!

1. It's a 5 wood but it's still pretty far back.
2. I noticed that too but I think it's the stripe.
3. I'll see if anybody else can help me fix that, my pro told me I was getting "stuck" on the downswing as well but he said he'd work on that another time, I don't really hit fat shots.
4. I'll work on that!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Here's a youtube video if anybody wants it. (Quality is better with swing academy)

1) the quality isn't better - it's also not really good enough to have a clue what's going on at all.

2) you're sideways. that doesn't help. 3) youtube videos embed, which is nice. If you want some help, do us a favor and post a useful video.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1) the quality isn't better - it's also not really good enough to have a clue what's going on at all.

You should've seen it before I enhanced it!

What do you need to see? your able to see my club, and my swing. 2. Sorry 3. I did embed it....

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

anybody else?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Your overall tempo looks pretty solid and you look balanced throughout your swing. Good shoulder turn on the backswing. That's all I can see. Tough to look at sideways.

'09 Burner (UST ProForce V2 77g - S)
4dx 15.5 hybrid (UST V2 - Stiff)
'99 Apex Plus 3-EW (Stiff)
TM rac 50/6 GW
Arnold Palmer The Standard SW (20-30 years old)'99 Dual Rossie Blade

You should've seen it before I enhanced it!

1: A camera that stands still.

2: Views from face on and down the line and hip height 3: A video tilted the right way Higher resolution would also be better, as it would make it possible to spot more details.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!