IGNORED

My Swing (DarkPrince)

DarkPrince
Note: This thread is 4419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by DarkPrince

I'll see a bout getting a face on some time, I just always forget about it because i have to move my bag since I lean my phone up against it as a tripod :P

Basically the shoulder thing is trying to get me to start on plane instead of continuing to be below it and the next thing he said we would work on is getting my wrists to hinge properly. I don't think I'm as bad going back as I was at the beginning of this thread (flat and way open) but now I feel like I'm doing the opposite of what I was then. Then I was opening the face way up on the way back, but now it's closed like 45º.  I've felt something weird in my grip since late last year but everyone I've asked says its fine...but it doesn't feel fine, but I don't feel like I've done anything different. But yes I feel like my hands just force the thing closed because even when I try to fan it open like I used to, it's still closed at the top.

I wouldn't worry about your shoulders. They're fine.

Your grip is remaining closed largely because of the palmar flexion you're adding. The arching of the left wrist. It's also inhibiting your ability to properly cock the wrists.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I wouldn't worry about your shoulders. They're fine.

Your grip is remaining closed largely because of the palmar flexion you're adding. The arching of the left wrist. It's also inhibiting your ability to properly cock the wrists.

I'm guessing this is probably part of me having some pretty erratic misses between a low hook or a dead fan out to the right. It's not that pronounced in my short irons but get a 6,5,4 or my hybrid/3wood or driver, and hell I don't even know where its going.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Ran to the course yesterday after work to try and get some kind of face on vids but light was pretty much nonexistent at 7:00. This weather really confuses you that it's march and its dark by 7:30 instead of June where it's dark by 9 when its 75º at 7:00 on March 18th. Its blurry and whatnot but it's going to be raining all day so I can't go out :/    First one was kind of a low push draw around 270/280, second one was a low fade that I think I hit thin around 240?

OK This isn't so much super swing related, but as a fun experiment my friend and usual playing partner and I decided to compare swings, so I took video of him hitting his driver today and compared it to my driver both DTL and FO. We had to laugh that his top of the backswing looks like the followthrough of any lefty lol!

DTL Comparison Face On Comparison.png

I'm also no expert, never had lessons (other than from my father), and haven't seen a swing coach or anything, but I'm a (humbly) good player and I just wanted to say that I see one area where you're probably losing a lot of distance.  It's most evident in the very first video you posted:

In the first slo-mo part, you can see that on your down swing, your hands move away from your body, and I'd be willing to bet that you suffer from a slice every now and then.  The biggest thing I want to point out is your weight shift.  You can see in the side shot/2nd "slow mo" part of the first video that when you hit the ball, you're coming "up".  Your weight should be shifted through your body from the back to the front to transfer that power to the ball.  I can tell that your 6 iron shot probably went in a parabola-like shape.  This may not be a big deal to some people, but I was always taught that 6i, 5i, 4i, 3i, and 2i shots should be more driven.  Try to get those hands away from your body (towards the target) and your weight to shift in the same direction instead of up.  This will get you more control and more distance.

Impact is the MoT.

NHI.png

The hips need to drive a little more, this will help the right shoulder to dip more. The elbows are too separated. An impact bag will give you the feeling for better conditions.

Impact 1, 2 & 3.png

You guys realize(aside from Iacas) you are looking at/commenting on the videos that are 1/2 years old right? Not the ones I've put up in the last 3 weeks? :P I'm not saying I've made super huge improvements, but if you're going to throw things out there at least use the latest ones?

Originally Posted by DarkPrince

OK This isn't so much super swing related, but as a fun experiment my friend and usual playing partner and I decided to compare swings, so I took video of him hitting his driver today and compared it to my driver both DTL and FO. We had to laugh that his top of the backswing looks like the followthrough of any lefty lol!

I think your buddy might be able to get a little longer backswing if he just let himself lose some control.  I mean he's so tight and restricted

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 4419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!