IGNORED

Hi from the new guy

Note: This thread is 6446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a retired sales and sales managment person who has hacked it around for a long time and I'm now in a position to try to improve my game. I've got a lot of questions that I'm sure have been answered before so forgive me if I repeat a question. For all those who want to improve "long and straight and not very often".

My first question is about balls. Why did the manufactures quit including the compression numbers on the boxes. The older I've gotten the more I find that I should be hitting something of lower compression but I've gotten feed back by word of mouth and some of that's not been very reliable. I've even had reps give me incorrect info, so how do I find out whats appropriate for my slower swing speeds without having to try a hundred balls to find out what's right for me?

Tommy,

Welcome. I envy your new found golf flexibility.

As far as the right ball for you I'm not entirely sure what to tell you. Equipment specs, including those of golf balls, can require tons of research to make an informed decision. I think manufacturers leave information out so that they can market them simply as long/soft/spinny/distance... you fill in the blank, without having to provide real facts. Standardization in the golf industry is sorely needed.

The best thing to do would be get on a launch monitor with several different ball types. Everardo, a forum member, has been through the process and might have some advice for you.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!