IGNORED

Srixon Trispeed

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

not really sure where you all figure this ball is for SENIORS, LADIES and mid to high cappers???

I've played 3 rounds with the trispeed now, and I agree with enis. To be honest, I didn't really expect to like this ball at all. I don't think it has quite the same short game touch as a proV1, B330 series, and other urethane balls, but it is remarkably close.

It should be noted that players with higher swing speeds can spin almost any ball. For my game, the trispeed offers great distance, trajectory and spin on longer shots. For the price, I think it's one hell of an option, and I'll continue to play it over any other mid-level ball. Feel off of the putter and greenside spin is better (in my opinion) than every other non-urethane ball, i like this ball much more than the NXT Tour and bridgestone e-series. To top it off, it holds up better than the premium multilayer balls too, which makes me happy at the end of a round unlike the dozens of cut and scuffed premium balls sitting in my shagbag.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

delav,
are you playing the trispeed or the trispeed tour version? I normally play prov1 or tp black. The other day i picked up a regular nxt and loved the pickup of distance. I couldnt believe it. However is was rolling out too much on shots. I would like to find a longer ball than the prov1/tp balck and willing to give up some feel, just not as much as the nxt loses.
Driver: Cobra ZL 3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher War Club: Burner Titanium Raylor 21degree Hybrid: Bobby Jones 24 4-PW: Ping i3's Wedges:Mizuno MP T-10 White Satin 52, 56, 60 Putter: 15 year old Odyssey Rossi Blade. Ball: Bridgestone e5 Swing Oil: Grey Goose, always in the bag.

delav,

I actually haven't tried the trispeed tour, that may be next on my list at the golf shop. Have you tried the NXT tour? If you liked the distance of the NXT, you'll gain quite a bit of feel and spin with the NXT tour.

I can't really comment on how much farther either an NXT or Trispeed are over a ProV1, if at all. I did notice about a half a club gain on my irons with the trispeed, but I've been working on impact drills too, so who really knows.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Is there any database available for golfballs as in which are the highest/lowest spinning,and comparing one ball to the next and all that kind of info?
I checked google but could find nothing..

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Since this has turned into a debate of cheap 3 piece balls
what about the original gamers or like HX bite?

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I've been playing the TriSpeed now for about 2 months and they're working for me. As a beginner, I just recently starting using a 3-piece ball. Starting out using the Bridgestone e6, but for me, the Srixons work better. Not as good with the short game as the e6, but noticeably straighter and way more durable; consistently driving them 200-225 with little or no slice/fade. Also loving the price compared to the e6. Both Dick's and Golf HQ are selling off the older models at 2dz for $30.

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game. It is called an eraser." -Arnold Palmer
MY 'WEAPONS OF GRASS DESTRUCTION'
DRIVER: 2009 Launcher (10.5*)
WOOD: X FWY #3 (15*)
HYBRIDS: IDEA iWood #3 (17*) and #4 (21*)IRONS: 4DX CB 5-SWPUTTERS: PAL and White Hot XG #1BALLS: ...

I was gonna buy a box of these but then i saw TF gamers for 15 canadian a dozen

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

I was gonna buy a box of these but then i saw TF gamers for 15 canadian a dozen

the gamer is also a decent ball...exccept they are FAR from durable

i used (no word of a lie) 6 balls in one round wedges would tear them up!!! TRISPEED's are SO durable
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Yeah they have a really soft cover, i just bought a new TM z tp wedge haha so ill be goin throuh them like crazy
but 15 bucks a dozen brand new is a good price for me right nwo.
cant afford to be tearing up pro vs

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

All I know is the Tripseed is very long off the tee for me, I have a 110mph SS so I guess it's not supposed to work, but it does. I consistently stop it within a foot or two with anything up to a 6i as well.

Maybe your swing speed is not what you think it is?

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Conventional wisdom says a long hitter can play any ball, but a higher compression ball would go lower (less likely to balloon) and consistently travel farther. A slower swing speed should be using a lower compression ball, but a 110 SS could still hit that ball a long way.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Confirmed on two Trackman at a demo day, longest drives on course are in the 285yd ballpark. You want any more data?

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Confirmed on two Trackman at a demo day, longest drives on course are in the 285yd ballpark. You want any more data?

Why would I want any more data?

If trackman says 110mph and you say 285yds, then so be it.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

we dont care...but i bet Shanksamillion would disagree w you

we dont care...but i bet Shanksamillion would disagree w you

It's a matter of semantics. He didn't say "average", and he has some swing speed data to back it up - it all seems legit.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It's a matter of semantics. He didn't say "average", and he has some swing speed data to back it up - it all seems legit.

Yes, just to clarify, that's my once a round if I'm lucky pure strike, I don't average anywhere near that unfortunately. I've run a few golf simulators and 285yds is about my theoretical max distance with 110ss and a well struck ball.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Yes, just to clarify, that's my once a round if I'm lucky pure strike, I don't average anywhere near that unfortunately. I've run a few golf simulators and 285yds is about my theoretical max distance with 110ss and a well struck ball.

ahh ...gotcha

sweet dude

• 2 years later...

I only used Srixon AD333s for years, and have 2 dozen left. No longer available, even on Ebay. I am now a senior with slow swing speed, tried various "soft" golf balls over the years, and

always came back to AD333. Original MSRP was 19.99/doz. I could buy them 4 years ago on Ebay at $11/doz when buying 6 doz. My 2 doz left are from that purchase.

In the last 4 years, switched to Srixon Trispeeds (3 pc) when I could find them on Ebay at a good price, found distance equal to AD333, and better bite on green. Have 2 dozen left in garage. I would heartily recommend these. Original MSRP was 29.99. They can be bought 4 doz at a time today on Ebay for 20/doz. I am buying more. No better ball for slow to medium swing speed.

Just bought 2-15 pack Maxfli Revolutions to try, each pack containing 12 revolutions and 3 U/2s. Could not resist the 2 - 15 pack half price special of 2-15 packs for $20.

Have tried the Revolutions. They are awful. Hard and about 10-15 yds less than a Srixon. Scuff easily.

Have tried the U-2s. They are excellent. About 5-10 yds longer than my Srixons. MSRP is 19.99. Will buy some when Dicks has a sale.

Also just tried Gamer V6. Not impressed. Scuffs way too easily.

For those who don't know, Maxfli is owned by Dicks. They also now own Golf Galaxy which I used to love for the bargains they had, but no longer. Up North, they had walk in stores.

My wife (l2 handicap, former club champion up North before we moved to AL), swore by Maxfli Noodle (now owned by Dicks) ICE balls which are no longer available,

She has settled on Precept Lady IQ plus clear golf balls. MSRP 19.99. As a surprise, I bought her 6 dozen when I saw them on the net at 2 doz/$30. I also like them.

Also just bought Precept Lady IQ (Old black box vs new Silver box), 6 doz for $10/doz. I find no difference for balls from 2010 box vs 2012 silver box.

In summary, in the future, when my garage empties, I will load up on Trispeeds from EBay, and in the future, either play Precept Lady IQs or Maxfli U/2s.

I have been a loyal Srixon user for years. I have tried, and so has my wife, the Q Star ball. Not worth 24.99/doz. No better than AD 333 or Trispeed or Precept Lady.

My next test will be with Fixx golf balls. Any opinions?

I play five days/week and am a living tester of golf balls, so I thought I would submit and opinion to help others.

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!