Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Basket

Nike VR Driver vs.R9 Supertri?

16 posts in this topic

I have been looking at both the Nike VR and the R9 Supertri and wanted to see which you guys thought would be the best. The prices are the same but it seems reasonable to get the Supertri because of MWT and FCT technology, which gives you 24 different flight options, but the VR has Str8-Fit, which is very similar.,

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have been looking at both the Nike VR and the R9 Supertri and wanted to see which you guys thought would be the best. The prices are the same but it seems reasonable to get the Supertri because of MWT and FCT technology, which gives you 24 different flight options, but the VR has Str8-Fit, which is very similar.,

I'd be sure to hit both. I didn't care for the feel or look of the R9 supertri when I hit it, but would be curious to hit the VR after reading some very positive reviews. What is your ballflight, and what shaft characteristics are you after?

i've hit the VR for half a bucket
i love it, just wish i had the money to buy one

I'd be sure to hit both. I didn't care for the feel or look of the R9 supertri when I hit it, but would be curious to hit the VR after reading some very positive reviews. What is your ballflight, and what shaft characteristics are you after?

I have medium trajectory ballflight and i use a Ust Proforce V2 LD Wood shaft.

i've hit the VR for half a bucket

Yep... I try and not hit clubs I can't afford. It's easier to sleep that way.

Only reason why i tried it cause a buddy of mine was hitting it beside me at the range.
Its a very nice driver, both are actually, i forgot i hit the r9 when i was getting a lesson.
I like the both..... but i like any driver with a shorter shaft more than my driver

Tied that r9, hated it. Got fitted at a demo night and they fitted me for a 7.5 Open Fubiki shaft and hated it!!!! I would sugest the Nike VR tour driver, I like that alot more then the regular one. The VR tour has a smaller club head. But out of those 2, I would say the VR. But try and hit both before you make a choice.

VR is meant to have a very small head on it.

Have you hit the club? be honest....

Have you hit the club? be honest....

nope, have read a few reviews though.

nope, have read a few reviews though.

That doesn't really mean much. I've tried the VR and it's very forgiving, at least more forgiving than my Titleist 909 D2.

I haven't tried the Supertri but I don't really like the feel of TaylorMade clubs so I would pick the VR without any doubts.

I like the SuperTri better, but that's just my opinion.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Havent hit the SuperTri yet, but I did hit the VR and really liked it. I'm finding myself gravitating towards drivers that dont have obnoxiously huge oversized heads (or dont appear to at least). My current driver head is like that, seems very low profile - and that's what I loved about the new VR driver. The head has a shape that is pleasing to the eye and looks more classic than some other drivers out there nowadays. The feel of the club itself was very nice. I found that the stiff shaft probably felt a bit stiffer than the stiff shaft in my current driver...and the sound off the face is great, not an obnoxious aluminum bat-type PINNNGGGGG that you got from some of the past Nike drivers. TaylorMade is great too (currently playing one of their drivers) but I was not a huge fan of this year's R9s when I hit them. Nike has a winner here i think.

It doesnt have a giant head but the sweet spot i find is almost the entire face which is better than a enormous head

I love the feel of the VR driver. I hated the R9. The vr head felt great but i did not like the stock shaft. So i am getting a custom order one from my uncle. I would get one even if i didnt have that option.

From what I've been reading, you may want to try hitting the Mizuno MP630 Fast Track as well. Looks to be getting better reviews that any other Mizuno driver I've seen.