IGNORED

Favorite Irons of 2008-2010?

Note: This thread is 5067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think it would be cool to see what irons everyone here likes from the past couple years - you can take anything and everything into account. Does not matter what type (players, GI, SGI, etc). If this hits several pages I will compile a list below of the irons voted for and how many times they were chosen.

Personally I really like the feel of Mizuno MP 58s, but think the Nike Victory Split Cavities and Adams Pro Black CB2s look really nice (I have not hit either).

I look forward to seeing what everyone else likes.

Cobra FP's
Great looks, have some feel while being forgiving.

But I'm a bit biased lol.

Ping i15's are really nice, forgiving, accurate and great feel.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Mizuno MP-62s for me. Had they been on sale when I bought my X-Forged, I would've gotten those.

Titleist AP2 - I think everyone will agree, the AP1/2 were a big hit this past couple years. Great solid irons that was forgiving but still has all the advantages of a players iron.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Mizuno MP-62s for me. Had they been on sale when I bought my X-Forged, I would've gotten those.

I thought about putting these into my group, but then I would have had too many haha.

I think it would be cool to see what irons everyone here likes from the past couple years - you can take anything and everything into account. Does not matter what type (players, GI, SGI, etc). If this hits several pages I will compile a list below of the irons voted for and how many times they were chosen.

I'd go with the Giggaway 924-X or the P10G Rupture.

Seriously, the only "new" irons I'd buy look and feel just like my old irons. Probably the Titleist 710 MB since they remind me of my MP-11s.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Titleist ap2.....going to be my next set very soon
In my Titleist mid-size staff bag:

Driver: 909D2 9.5*
Fairway: 909F3 13*
Hybrids: 909H 17* & 21*Irons AP2 4-PW S300Wedges: Spinmilled 52.08 & 58.08Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 Balls: ProV1, TM Penta

I like rebby's Scratch SB-1s

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Hmm, going to have to go with a few here.

Adams Pro MB Black

Callaway X-Prototype

Bridgestone J38

Cleveland CG1 Tour

Titleist 710MB

Wilson FG Tour

All these are great clubs, look good, good quality, great stock shafts.

I hadn't noticed how nice the J38s and FG Tours look...wow. Glad you posted those. From a looks standpoint they are sweet!

I hadn't noticed how nice the J38s and FG Tours look...wow. Glad you posted those. From a looks standpoint they are sweet!

The new pro here is a Bridgestone endorser, so he gets some sweet ass Bridgestone clubs. He's got tons of the new woods and wedges for sale too. Those J38 FWs look awesome.

No sh** - those are all really nice sticks, and a couple I'd never seen. I will though - seems like once somebody brings a nice set to my attention (or I stumble on them myself - less likely) I see them everywhere.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Hmm, going to have to go with a few here.

Good choice Shanks :)

Forgot about these. Beauttttiful irons.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Have to go with the AP2 710's... an all around great iron. I've hit them a couple of times now... considering switching from my MP-33's to a combination of AP2/MB.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Note: This thread is 5067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!