IGNORED

distance

greenail
Note: This thread is 6428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have started to hit all my irons 10-15 yards farther than normal, what gives? It started out of nowhere last weekend, everything from my pitching wedge to my 3i is now longer. I would normaly hit my 8i 135 flat, and I hit a shot up to a severe uphil green that was 140-145 and carried it 10 yards over. I'm not swinging any harder, my swing hasn't changed all that much, i'm baffled how it can happen out of nowhere. The only thing I can think of is that I stopped practicing in the morning for about a week, perhaps some muscle growth happened or something.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Provided the weather and equipment are the same, my guess is that you are simply hitting it more solidly. The same swing with contact dead center will go probably 10-15 yards farther than off-center hits (maybe more depending on how off-center they started). If you want to test it out, get some impact tape and see where you're making contact.

It could be that laying off the morning practice made you swing more fluidly (more flexibility in your muscles), but that probably wouldn't last long.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have started to hit all my irons 10-15 yards farther than normal, what gives? It started out of nowhere last weekend, everything from my pitching wedge to my 3i is now longer. I would normaly hit my 8i 135 flat, and I hit a shot up to a severe uphil green that was 140-145 and carried it 10 yards over. I'm not swinging any harder, my swing hasn't changed all that much, i'm baffled how it can happen out of nowhere. The only thing I can think of is that I stopped practicing in the morning for about a week, perhaps some muscle growth happened or something.

If you had been working pretty hard on your game you are getting to the point and playing more relaxed? Relaxation and timeing can make a big difference in distance. Unfortunately for me it happens when I least expect it

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!