IGNORED

Ping G10 7.5*

Note: This thread is 5136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been looking for a Ping G10 driver for a few weeks now, I have the chance to purchase one for a great price and in the stock shaft in stiff. The only thing I'm worried about is the loft, 7.5*!! For those who have experience with the driver, How is the trajectory? Especially in a 7.5, thanks.

I went to a fitting night and tried the G10 (7.5) and the I15 (8* I think) No problems with either. G10 has quite a high flight. Good driver...

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

my personal experience with ping driver heads is that the vast majority of heads play with higher loft than that on the sole. so a 9 may be a10.5, or a 7.5 may be more like 9... so i wouldnt be too worried..if you get it and cant play it, shoot me a pm...

Besides, 7.5 is pretty bad ass ;)

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I've been looking for a Ping G10 driver for a few weeks now, I have the chance to purchase one for a great price and in the stock shaft in stiff. The only thing I'm worried about is the loft, 7.5*!! For those who have experience with the driver, How is the trajectory? Especially in a 7.5, thanks.

I would pass if I was you. A higher lofted driver will be easier for you to control. You could then bring the flight down with a low launching shaft.

I've heard the same thing on ping drivers. For what it's worth, I believe Bubba Watson plays a 6.7 degree g15, although he has an upward angle of attack of 5 degrees too.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I play a G10 9* with a UST mid launch shaft that has the ball flight of any other 10.5* that I have ever hit. With the same shaft and launch point, it stands to reason that a 7.5* should give you the same ball flight as a 9* with the same shaft specs.

my personal experience with ping driver heads is that the vast majority of heads play with higher loft than that on the sole. so a 9 may be a10.5, or a 7.5 may be more like 9... so i wouldnt be too worried..if you get it and cant play it, shoot me a pm...

That would explain why I hit my 10.5 degree G10 higher than my 15 degree 3-wood - a lot higher!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I hit an 8* i15 because the 9.5* launched too high...and the i15 head and Axivcore Red shaft are definitely geared as low launch heads. I agree the Ping lofts their clubheads more then what is specified.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

i had to switch out my shaft to a Prolaunch red, high kick point, stiff shaft to get my flight down low. The G10 definitely launches high. I'd go with the 7.5*.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I been thinking of getting one of those because I fight a too high a launch and thats the only driver that low for a lefty. if you get it let us know how you like it.

Note: This thread is 5136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!