IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Paradox

when someone asks me what club I hit...I tell them the yardage club that I used.  "I hit my 150 club" or whatever it may be.  Its up to them to know what club goes how far.

Here's something to try next time.  Say it's 150 yards and you just hit a 7 iron to the middle of the green.   Just say to yourself, but loud enough for him to hear "Boy, that was a smooth wedge!" or some such thing.  Might get him thinking....

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

... He also said that it wasn't a lost ball because it should be where he was looking. ....

LOL!  He actually said this with a straight face?!?!?  Interesting rationale.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

After I heard that part, I thought the guy might be a little "special."

By even his own logic, he would have had to re-tee (can you take stroke-and-distance?).  How anybody can suggest that a lost ball near OB should be played as a lateral hazard is beyond comprehension.  Maybe I will try that next time I'm in tournament play?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

he actually said it in a kind of trying to intimidate me into agreeing with him voice. I was like no i dont agree with you, but go ahead and when a tournament official comes by you will be penalized if not disqualified.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

he actually said it in a kind of trying to intimidate me into agreeing with him voice. I was like no i dont agree with you, but go ahead and when a tournament official comes by you will be penalized if not disqualified.

Well, the good news is that as you continue to move up flights  (Maybe you'll be in Sarazen by the end of the year!), I believe you will see less and less of those kind of shenanigans. :)

• 5 months later...

Yes, they did.  Golf courses have players at all levels on them.  If you live on the course, you are going to have to deal with that fact.  I have never heard of someone hitting balls at a house on purpose, but I have seen an awful lot of bad shots in my limited experience on golf courses.  Having an issue with this is like buying a house near a railroad and complaining that the trains are too loud.

Originally Posted by c. lassiter

Plumb-bobbers.

If you are a tour player or scratch golfer (and actually know how to do it) then by all means have at it. But if you are a 28 handicap and you are playing in front of me, and you have no idea why you are doing or what it is supposed to indicate, please stop it.

LOL.  I had a buddy who took up doing that I while back. I think one of the reasons he quit was at least twice a round I would ask him while he was doing it..."well, is the shaft straight?"

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Probably my biggest pet peeve other than slow play is guys who have perfectly good eyesight but never seem to see. or know, where their ball went.  Most times, I find that if the ball does not feel right coming off the clubface or they know they simply hit it poorly...they will look away or turn around and complain.  They pay no attention to where the ball actually went.  That within itself slows down play because now someone has to go help them find their ball or point out where it is instead of getting ready to play.  Then the ones who really get on my nerves that can't seem to see where their ball is going are the ones who complain if you stand behind them...way back at a safe distance.  You want me to watch your ball but you want me to stand off somewhere to the side?  Really?

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Conversationist who won't stop talking.

How about the following golfers?  I was about to tee off by myself (walking) and these two guys came behind me in cart and asked me if they can play ahead of me.   Just b/c they drive cart, they assumed I will play slower than them.   I was so taken aback by their rudeness that I said no and proceeded to hit a perfect drive and walked off.    Guess what?   They never caught up with me, hitting their balls left and right.  Not soon after this, a same thing happened again.  My wife and I were about to tee off  (walking) and these four guys came in cart and asked to play ahead of us.   Rather than yielding to them, we decided to play on an adjacent course.  Good thing that the golf club has two courses.  After a few holes, I ran into the four-some as the two courses ran adjacent to each other for number of holes.   While we were on #4 hole on one course, they were still looking for balls in their course at #2 hole.   LOL, we were playing twice faster than they were.   At least play a few holes before asking a smaller group in front of you to let you pass.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!