IGNORED

Practice Tip - Safety on the Range

Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was on the grass until my club lifted it to face level. The darn thing slid right down the club shaft into my face. I wish I could say I was the only person on the range at the time. I was recording with my camcorder earlier until it ran out of tape. I'm not sure if I want that on tape or not. lol

I've actually done this before, Carl. Numerous times on my home club's range. Expect...mine just brought teh entire rope out of the ground, and it didn't hit me in the face at all. It just got everyone on the range near me to give me a bad look. Hahahaha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

A week or two ago I took my bag around to the back of my car when I realized I left my water bottle by the stall I was hitting from. I went and got my water and got into the car instead of putting my clubs away . I put the car in reverse and a noise come from the rear of the car. I got out and there are my clubs lying on the ground behind my car. DOH! Luckily, I didn't reverse to quickly or things could have been very bad.

My mom ran over my stand bag's legs once. Luckily none of my clubs broke, but the legs were mangled. She bought me a new bag.

The dumbest thing I have done was top a ball straight into my bucket of balls, in which they sprayed everywhere.

I've done that. And I've also hit the little piece of wood that divides the grass tees. It hit me in the gut.

I've never actually had the rope burn, but I've moved the rope enough that everyone at the range looks up, then over at me. And they all have that, "you're an idiot" look on their face. Very cool.

I've done that one too. Very embarrassing. Especially if the rope is still on your club in the follow through.

One of the funniest things to watch at my range is people forget to put a bucket under the ball dispenser when they are using the machine. I've knocked it over before and you always get that "I'm a dummy" feeling, but when 70 balls come shooting out from a shed onto a concrete floor and start bouncing a bunch, it's hard not to laugh.

I have done that so many times it's not even funny. Usually I manage to grab a bucket before permanent damage is done though.

I was paying for my range session on Tuesday, finished up picked up my clubs, somehow put my leg through the shoulder strap, proceeded to try and walk out the door and got tangled up and nearly fell. I didn't turn around, just scrambled to get my leg out and left LOL

That one I have never done haha.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love when people go for a jumbo bucket and for some reason they think the smallest bucket is going to hold all the balls. Cracks me up every time. I've seen folks so embarrassed that they just leave all the balls on the ground and end up with a small bucket anyway LOL. Good times.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I hit the rope once but I was near its end. As the club released thru the ball it hit the rope and also dislodged the stake anchoring the rope into the ground. I was very very fortunate b/c the stake actually swung in the air and wrapped around my club 5-6 times without hitting me! I held a 3/4 follow thru the entire time looking at my ball and then realized what I'd done.

The dumbest thing I have done was top a ball straight into my bucket of balls, in which they sprayed everywhere.

Oy... bad memories from my attempt to get on the HS golf team. Had that happen with everyone on the team golfing at the range. Horrible feeling, partially why I ended up quitting. :P

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!