IGNORED

Arrogant A-Hole Golfers

Hoovedawg
Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have to say that the lower cappers that I've played with seem to do a better job of caring for the course than the high cappers, but that is a generalization. I played with a few guys that were pretty bad the other day, but were good stewards of the course. They would fix a pitch mark or two even if they didn't make one.

I think it comes down to how a person learns the game. If you start playing with jerks who don't practice ettiquite then you will have none. I learned from guys that taught me the proper way and now that my 20 year old son is learning the game, I'm teaching him the same way.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know that there is still hope. My buddy & I played a nice course today (In the $70.00 to $100.00 range) and we got paired up with couple guys that worked at a different really nice course. They couldn't have been any better to play with. Repectful, funny and good stewards of the game. There is still hope. :)
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another reason why carts should be banned from golf. You hardly ever see a walker acting like a dick or being disrespectful to the course.

If carts were banned from golf it would kill the summer time golfing industry in the southeast.

What kind of masocist wants to walk 18 holes in 101 degree heat while toting about 8 liters of water with him?

In my experience, having played a significant amount of golf at both private and public clubs...the arrogant a-holes are primarily at the public courses. This seems to be the direct ooposite of most of the stories here. But the courteous people that take care of the course and conduct themselves with etiquette are mostly found at the private clubs, in my opinion.

I can't tell you how many horrible experiences I've had on the public munis around here, some of the attitudes that people have just amaze me. They are clueless. I'll take the private club crowd any day, even if it comes with a few jerks here and there.

Those kind of people make me wanna do something else with my clubs except golf and get posted about in the Violence on Golf Courses thread. You might be a good golfer buy how well can you fight??? Personally I can fight better than I can golf. I'm not a violent person but stuff like this makes me rethink that.

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!