IGNORED

Ever Been Almost Hit? Whatd you do?

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was walking up to a green once with the rest of my group. There had been while butterflies around all day, I kept seeing them thinking they were balls. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I see something again, and turn to look, and - LITERALLY - this ball, that apparently had been skulled out from a treeline, on our same hole, from hardly 150 yards away, passes MILLIMETERS from my nose, and it was humming. If it had hit my nose, it would have been history; if it's line was six inches different, I honestly it could have killed me.

The guy who hit it seemed to show zero awareness that we were there, where his ball went, nothing. I just let it go. A few holes later, this one tee box was way away from the path; I was back on the box while my group was still by the carts. I see the guy come walking up, figure for sure my apology is coming. Nope, he just sorta walked near them, but then away and back to his game.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this last year for a similar thread...appropriate here too...
I was playing my home course a few weeks ago on a bit of a slow day. Waiting for the group ahead to clear the green on a Par 3. I see two guys emerge from the treeline in front and to the left of our green. I'm standing at the water cooler which is about 30 yards behind my teebox. They're lining up a shot for the green on their hole(the one we just finished)...a par 5, with the green about 40 yds behind me and to their right. So they're about 200 out with 40 yds of treeline to slice around and another 160 to carry and they're going to play the shot right above our heads??? yes. They hit the shot with a fairway wood right over our heads...and it ends up going to our right which places them on the 3rd hole they've played from. No "FORE!" nothing to alert us that he was actually going to try this shot..nothing. The guy has to do the walk of shame past me on the way to find his ball and I ask him "don't you think that was too dangerous to attempt?" he quips "I didn't have another play..." "how about unplayable lie...and/or chipping it back to your hole instead of endangering other golfers."
I got the feeling he thought he wasn't out of line by trying the shot....

I've been hit once and it ended up being a big mess. I was playing with 3 friends (one who was a woman). On the 12th hole a 2 some shows up behind us and one of the guys who is a big boy and a big hitter tees off and rolls it up to the feet of my friend. She really didn't notice but I wasn't too happy about it. I didn't say or do anything, people make mistakes. We were making pretty good time for a 4-some as my friend who was with us didn't play too much on the back nine. She's a decent golfer but she was mostly there to play a little and hang out with us.

On the 16th hole I chip onto the green and I'm walking back across the fairway when a ball 1 hops and hits me. I'm OK and a buddy of mine is worried that I'll get mad says "I'll talk to them when they roll up". I figure that's a good idea, cooler heads and all that (even tough I wasn't all that hot, more annoyed). So this 2 some rolls up and my friend calmly says "hey guys, your drive hit my buddy". The guys response was to get out of his cart and say "well you guys have been holding us up all day" (note, they showed up behind us on the 12th and this is the 16th hole). My friends response was "well you don't have to be d*ick about it". Things went down hill from there and I headed down there when they were chest to chest. There was some pushing then this jackazz tries this awkward, clumsy spinning back kick. My friend easily steps back away from it and shows and amazing amount of restraint by not hitting the guy (because he could have easily stepped into this off balance idiot and hammered him) and we almost started laughing at this point. Our forth, who is a very large biker type, walks up and physically separates the two and tells them to knock it off. Probably a good thing because I was pretty upset and although my friend had showed great restraint if the guy would have kept pushing he would have put him down. Meanwhile, my friend who was a woman was on the green wondering why she bothered playing with 'boys' and the poor guy that was riding with the jerk never got out of his cart, looked pretty classy and was EXTREMELY embarrassed.

I was impressed with my buddy for not taking a swing at this guy (I'll admit that had he pushed, slapped and kicked at me I would have hit him many times). He on the other hand was very upset with himself that he had let things get as far as they did. I don't tell this story with him around, it still upsets him greatly even though it's been 3 years. He's a great guy, has a lot of class and intervened to keep me from getting into it. After we finished on the green, we called back and told the guy that we were calling the sheriff's dept and that we would meet them at the clubhouse (we lied, and no intention of making any calls). As we were on the tee box for 17 they drove by without saying a word and left the course. I was happy because we all just wanted to put it behind us.

If I ever hit someone the first thing out of my mouth would be "I'm very sorry" and "Are you OK?". Last time I came close to hitting some guys (I sliced a drive, didn't realize how far right it went and it hit something on the tee box near some guys). I drove over, and apologized several times. They were nice and tried to tell me where my ball was. I didn't even go look for it just told them that I didn't come to find my ball just to apologize. My friends just let me take a drop (with a stroke) in our fairway and play on. I was very relieved that I didn't hit anyone and was mortified that I came that close without yelling 'fore' (I didn't think it was going that close).

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

My friend and I were on the 1st hole at the tee. (At this particular course, the 1st hole is at the end of a 300+ yard driving range.) So my friend is about to swing when we hear (and see) a ball come flying past us. We go to pick it up and see that it was a range ball. Then another one comes flying at us. In this case, we didn't get mad at the guy. Can you blame him? He's on the driving range.We just moved on. Then when we saw the Marshall, we told him about it, and suggested that they put up nets.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

My friend and I were on the 1st hole at the tee. (At this particular course, the 1st hole is at the end of a 300+ yard driving range.) So my friend is about to swing when we hear (and see) a ball come flying past us. We go to pick it up and see that it was a range ball. Then another one comes flying at us. In this case, we didn't get mad at the guy. Can you blame him? He's on the driving range.We just moved on. Then when we saw the Marshall, we told him about it, and suggested that they put up nets.

Sorry about that, I was at the range hitting the 3 wood that day

(yes, I'm kidding most of my drives are about 225 with my driver )

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Sorry about that, I was at the range hitting the 3 wood that day

Lol, for a second I though you were serious, but this course is in Canada, so it would't have worked out.

Though, I'd like to meet that guy who drove at least 320-330.

Lol, for a second I though you were serious, but this course is in Canada, so it would't have worked out.

You didnt hear a Faint "

POW!!! " in the distance coming from the driving following those balls landing around you did you?
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

You didnt hear a Faint "

Nope. We heard nothing, probably because we weren't paying attention to the driving range because we didn't expect to any range balls to come where we are.

some a** hole almost hit me and my friend on a tee box the other day. he came over and we were like "oh no big deal your ball is right there." his ball had rolled about 30 yards away from us and we were going about our conversation at a normal indoor voice because its a golf course and there is no need to yell. this guy walks in front of us to hit when we are teed up, so we have to wait... he steps up to address and says to us "is my hitting interrupting your talking" then his friend startslaughing and compliments him saying how witty and hilarious his comment was which really mad me so mad... so i looked right at him and said "actually yes it is. you're on our hole so you first shouldn't have put your cart in front of our tee box, second should wait until we're done, and third learn to play this game, your 60 yards from your fairway and complaining about two people talking messing up your shot when really nothing could mess you up because your ridiculous over the top pull motion is probably the reason for your 110 on the front 9 alone" i proceeded to hit with him watching and put it to about 5-6 feel from 210 yards on a par 3.
i just cant stand people talking down to me as if i don't belong. its like the one thing that can get me mad enough to blow up at someone like that. i was fine with him almost hitting usbut as soon as he said that i just had to say somethign

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Actually, just today, I was hit. It was at the 2nd hole, Par 3, at a new course. There was a foursome behind us, and we were about to tee up. So I take out my 7I, but I dropped my tee by accident. I went to go pick it up, and WHACK! One of the guy's ball hits my 7I, just inches below my right hand.

They guy didn't even call "fore" or say sorry afterwards.

Was hit into today, yelled back,"wat da f**k". I was pretty pissed as it came close to my head. Felt like time was in slo-mo. He yelled back sorry didnt see you, drove up and said that he isnt the kind of person that does that. I forgave and was nice, as I didnt want it to spoil my day.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!