Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deronsizemore

Titleist iron serial numbers

15 posts in this topic

I'm looking at buying a set of AP2's from ebay and the set I'm watching has a five digit serial number engraved into each iron. I know standard sets ordered from Titleist have a serial only on the six iron. When every iron has a serial, does this indicate it's a custom ordered set? I've read that this is the case, just trying to double check with all the counterfeits out there.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

My understanding is that all custom ordered sets come with a serial number on all the clubs, not just the 6-iron. A custom order can be as small as a "non-standard" grip.

should have bought my ap2's man they were straight from titleist, lol. only kidding. Im glad my local store had a set of mp-32's for sale instead of having to go on ebay and buy a set taking my chances with fakes.

My understanding is that all custom ordered sets come with a serial number on all the clubs, not just the 6-iron. A custom order can be as small as a "non-standard" grip.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

should have bought my ap2's man they were straight from titleist, lol. only kidding. Im glad my local store had a set of mp-32's for sale instead of having to go on ebay and buy a set taking my chances with fakes.

Didn't know you were selling AP2's or I might have bought them.

I've currently got MP32's, so could have worked out a trade or something. lol. Oh well. Yeah, this seller has sold lots of Titleist equipment and has a good feedback rating after selling close to 4000 items, so I'm confident they are not counterfeit. The seller has also told me that he/she is an authorized Titleist dealer, but someone saying that over the net doesn't mean much.

Didn't know you were selling AP2's or I might have bought them.

its ok, I was only looking for a brand new set of mp-32's. The market on ebay for slightly used sets of ap2 710 irons was only like 500 bucks for 4-pw. You would be hard pressed to get more, only people getting bids were those with pricing 450 and under and they topped out at around 500, then you have the 9% ebay fee with is about 50 bucks at this price so you end up with only 450 if you are lucky.

I got a good deal on a trade at my local golf shop on some brand new mizuno mp-32 so it all worked out. Good luck man.

Care to share their ebay name? I am looking for some new gear.

Sorry for the delay. Was waiting until I received the irons before giving their ebay name out.

http://myworld.ebay.com/tianna2009/ Here is another listing which is exactly like the listing I just purchased: http://cgi.ebay.com/Titleist-AP2-710...QQcmdZViewItem . I made an offer of $700 which was accepted. Offer them $650 or something and see if they bite. One thing I will say is that I contacted Titleist to confirm the validity of the serial number and they said that the serial belonged to a demo set. So I assume the irons I purchased are demos, but there are zero markings to indicate that they are demos. Grips are exactly what Titleist would ship with non-demo irons, heads and grips still wrapped in plastic and they shipped in original Achusnet/Titleist box.

Thanks. Now I just need to get money in the ball park of $700. Ill probably end up having to pay retail, since I have to have longer shafts and loft/lie adjusted.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry for the delay. Was waiting until I received the irons before giving their ebay name out.

wow Im surprised they accepted an offer 140 less than asking price. Ive always been under the assumption offers had to be alot closer to be accepted, Il keep that in mind

wow Im surprised they accepted an offer 140 less than asking price. Ive always been under the assumption offers had to be alot closer to be accepted, Il keep that in mind

Well, typically you're probably right, but it comes down to what the seller has in the item. Being that it looks like they're selling demo sets, which either were given to them or given to them extremely cheap, even at $700 they're making a big profit. I honestly never even thought about them being demos; if I had, I would have offered lower just to see if they accepted. I could always make a second, higher offer if the first was declined.

True.
I just bought a Titleist 909 F2 3-wood that is in mint condition, and just threw out an offer that I was for sure would be laughed at. But the guy took it. He runs a shop, and probably got the club for dirt cheap from Titleist.

Thanks. Now I just need to get money in the ball park of $700. Ill probably end up having to pay retail, since I have to have longer shafts and loft/lie adjusted.

Check around your area and see how much places charge to lengthening shafts and adjust loft/lie. Most don't charge much for these types of small alterations and the equipment needed to extend the shaft length is cheap too, so if you can get them $650 or $700, it won't cost you $300 to have them adjusted so you'd still come out ahead.

Check around your area and see how much places charge to lengthening shafts and adjust loft/lie. Most don't charge much for these types of small alterations and the equipment needed to extend the shaft length is cheap too, so if you can get them $650 or $700, it won't cost you $300 to have them adjusted so you'd still come out ahead.

Very true. Even at $850 tops Im still saving over $200 off retail.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

some of these sets are prolly coming from some guys that work at a golf shop lifting a set out the back door, lol. 100 percent profit but a high risk of being fired