IGNORED

Im Back!!

Note: This thread is 6991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hope your all well,

I had my laptop stolen from my car last week so was not a happy camper.

But the good news I have recieved my 670's. And they are the bomb. i hitting a awsome fall flight no ballooning and great distance. Forged are giving me great feedback also.

One question!

Im looking at the vokey wedges. I like to hit 110 yard shots with my sand wegde 56deg. Which would be better black nickel or oil can

Thanks all.

Bridgestone J33p Tour. Fuji Zcom MW 54x
Titleist 905R 9.5 Diamana Ion 63x
Titleist 904f 13 Aldila R&D Proto 65x
Bridgestone Airmuscle 19 Bonzai 75x
3-PW - Titleist 670 DG Superlite s300 56 deg - Solus 5661 deg - Solus 61Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport Ball - V1x. B330. HX Tour 56

• Administrator
I just got a 56 spin milled. It'll be awhile before I can review it, but it looks nice and is certainly another option you could entertain.

My 60° is Oil Can. My PW is from the standard 680 set. I really, really like the way the oil can has treated me, and I haven't played much with the black nickel.

P.S. Welcome back and congrats on the 670s.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had an oil can 60 and I loved it. The only thing that didn't work for me was hitting it out of the sand. Then someone ripped it off.

I replaced it with a hogan 60 carnoustie which is even better for me. What a club.

If you want to have some fun with your oil can do this: Get an old rag that you don't care about and soak it in water. Wrap your oil can up in the rag overnight. The next day your oil can will have a very rough and rusty surface for even more spin!

• Administrator
If you want to have some fun with your oil can do this: Get an old rag that you don't care about and soak it in water. Wrap your oil can up in the rag overnight. The next day your oil can will have a very rough and rusty surface for even more spin!

Indeed. I find that if I just don't scrub it down and make sure to keep it dry, it works out ok too. That is to say it keeps a sustainable level of spin. You don't want it to vary too much round to round or shot to shot, and hitting balls and effectively wearing off the little rust that's there smooths things out.

When playing, I wipe the club with the wet part of my towel and let it air dry.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Im looking at the vokey wedges. I like to hit 110 yard shots with my sand wegde 56deg. Which would be better black nickel or oil can

Glad the 670's are treating you so well!

Like everyone said before, it comes down to personal preferance on two issues: visual appeal, and rust. The Oil Can finish is basically a raw finish that will wear off over time and eventually rust. Some people like a rusty wedge because they think it spins the ball more, some don't. Both my Vokeys are oil cans, and I wash and dry them every time and haven't had any rust form on the face, only some slight dots on the hozel. It is a relatively glare free finish as well which is a plus when plaing into the sun. If you're really into cosmetics of your clubs, the oil can can be a problem since the finish can come either very dark or very light and all shades inbetween, not the biggest deal, but still important to some people. The black nickel is a black oxide finish that is permanent and will not rust at all. It is truly zero glare and any two clubs you have will look identical. It also has the bonus of providing a clear contrast between the club, dirt, and golf ball. Really any option you go with will be just fine, and spin the devil out of the ball.

• Administrator
People also believe that the "rusty" ones "feel" softer. I'm not particularly in that camp - it's a chunk of metal, still - but it's a widely held belief.

Thanks for all your input!!!!

I will try to get my hands on some of these clubs to try. When are the spin milled coming out??

Dan.

Bridgestone J33p Tour. Fuji Zcom MW 54x
Titleist 905R 9.5 Diamana Ion 63x
Titleist 904f 13 Aldila R&D Proto 65x
Bridgestone Airmuscle 19 Bonzai 75x
3-PW - Titleist 670 DG Superlite s300 56 deg - Solus 5661 deg - Solus 61Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport Ball - V1x. B330. HX Tour 56

• Administrator
Thanks for all your input!!!!

I have one right now, so, "very soon" I would imagine.

Note: This thread is 6991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!