IGNORED

Your favorite Professional Golfer.

Jarno
Note: This thread is 6024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now it's Adam Scott, just a fellow Titleist guy and a great person.

But I'll always have Retief is always in the back of my head, he's just quiet never says anything he shouldn't. Just a true professional.

PS: I searched, maybe not good enough.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh one of my favorite questions.

I have always been a Nick Faldo fan, I know he doesn't really play any more and in fact is winding down his career, but he's one of the reasons I started playing the game. If I was to have anyones mindset it would probably be his - he was always so determined, and not many people were able to face him down - just ask Greg!!!

Of modern golfers you can't look much further than Tiger, I think the guy is all class. He always interviews very well and is always honest - if he's played bad there are no excuses just honesty. And he never misses those short ones.

As ofr someones swing, if it wasn't Tiger's, it would have to be Luke Donald's. That guy has one of the best looking golf swings out there, always smooth, always very balanced, and always in control.

And for some reason I've always liked Lee Westwood. No idea why, maybe it's because like me he likes a beer or 3..!!! It's a shame he went off the boil after winning the European Order of Merit, when he was winning all around the world.

So yeah, those are my faves.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I always had a spot for Phil Mickelson until i read the 10 most hated Sports Professionals and no one had a good heard to say about him and it really put me off!! But, Seve Ballersteros is a great character as well as Sergio Garcia, they both play with passion and excitement and often wear there heart on their sleeves!! Also as Jarno said Retief just quietly, professionaly and brilliantly just gets on with what he does and does it well.

Sergio Garcia and Relief Goosen those two are in my eyes great golfers and great role models..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Sergio Garcia and Relief Goosen those two are in my eyes great golfers and great role models..

great golfers.. maybe... but Sergio a role model ?

hm... for me he's the typical young, loud, stupid bigmouth with helluva game to back it up. It could be admired, that's true - but please reconcider using him as a role model

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Arnold Palmer, his true passion for the game, the way he seems to treat others, even the way he has aged, refusing to go gentle in to that good night even as his skills diminished. No whining, no excuses.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

my personal favorite - David Duval. His whole attitude to life, the way he treats the media, going along with one of the prettiest swings on the tour - I sure hope he gets back into the top of the leaderboards soon...

Charles Howell III. He led Oklahoma State to the National Championship in 2000, and that was good enough for me. I've followed him ever since he made it to the PGA Tour. There have been a lot of ups and downs, but I'll be his #1 fan until he retires.

Others I like include Ryan Moore, Hunter Mahan, Adam Scott, Jim Furyk, Retief Goosen, Scott Verplank, etc. Yeah, I like a lot of of em.

Would have to say Darren Clarke. Thought he was fantastic over the Ryder Cup weekend.

From a swing point of view I would take Retief's any day of the week.

I have sat for hours on the range watching him hit balls.

sorry let me reword that.. I ment his game, and his passion for the game..

I didnt mean I would want my kids to act that way..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I dont see what the problem with sergio is ?? Sure he likes to shout at the ball and he can sure talk the ass of a donkey, but what do you ever see him do wrong?
you never see pictures of him drunk or on drugs or with all sorts of undesirables? i can't see the problem with him?

I would have to say Tiger (I know that's like rooting for the Yankees, but what can I say?). And yes, being in Boston's sphere of influence I am a Red Sox fan all the way! If we include all golfers of all time I'd have to say Ben Hogan, for his work ethic and doggedness, even though he was long gone by the time I started watching golf.

On the ladies side, I really like Lorena Ochoa. It's not so much beauty or game (though I think she has a consistently good game) but more her sense of duty to her country and people of hispanic descent. I read that she always seeks out and visits with her countrymen during tournaments. I know, she's a privileged woman by Mexican standards but I still find this admirable.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

I am going with Notah Begay III. I haven't seen him in awhile but he has been a good role model for the Native American community, and being a pro golfer from about the same upbringing as I had is pretty cool.
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

I dont see what the problem with sergio is ?? Sure he likes to shout at the ball and he can sure talk the ass of a donkey, but what do you ever see him do wrong?

since when do you need a crime to be commited to deem an athlet to be "maybe not the best choice for a role model" ?

He's a punk, that's a fact. He's part of the "new breed" of golfers, which IMHO (ok, maybe I'm too old and too conservative) doesn't fit into my defnition of a gentleman. Ratif, Ernie, Tiger, Couples, Duval - these are people who I'd like to have my kids learn from how to behave in public and in a front of media. Spoiled little brats, who're mouthing off every occasion they get, just because they're blessed with a great dose of talent - sorry dude, I'll pass

Spoiled little brats, who're mouthing off every occasion they get, just because they're blessed with a great dose of talent - sorry dude, I'll pass

If he didn't call out your g/f Michelle Wie and Tiger Woods a few weeks back, would you feel this same way?

Sergio hasn't mouthed off much, but when he has, he has usually told the truth (like a couple weeks ago). Sergio has always given a fair and honest interview after rounds as well. They ask him some tough questions about his putting in the clutch, and he always answers them without getting flustered. He isn't my favorite, but he isn't that bad of a role model either.....other than the beer commercials of course.

I Dont think u know much about golf if u think that, have u done anything like him in ur life? yeah he fights the fight but so do all of the USA team in the ryder cup, so i dont think u should say that about golfers all golfers have good and bad points, Like Phil and Tiger

My Fav Golfer is Sergio and young scottish golfers like Wallace Booth and Lloyd Saltman!

Mike Weir.. yea im Canadian so i might be biased but he is one of the most underated players on tour.. people forget he was ranked 3rd in the world in 2003 and top 10 in 2004. He's always solid in majors (3rd in majors points this year) and mark my words he will win more than a couple.. has some consitency issues and final round trouble but who doesnt. I just admire the fact he's 5'9 and can still hang with big dogs, Pound for pound he's the most underrated player distance wise. I watched him play at the Canadian open last year at Shaunessy.. he was grouped with john houston and Bob Tway (both over 6 feet), and consistantly out drove them by 20 yards, and he was the only one able to go for both par 5's in 2 bombing it 330yrds on a 570yrd hole.. one of those guys who'd rather swing easy and hit the fairways but cant turn it up if he needs to.

other than him, Sergio puts a nice move on every shot, seems to hit every shot solid and its fun to watch him swing with that inside to inside move.

Freddy Couples, always good to see him play well.

John Daly is fun to watch, would like to see David Duval win again like everyone else.

other europeans would be Colin Montgomery, i hope he wins a major before his career is over.

LPGA would be Natalie Gulbis, Paula creamer and michelle wie for obvious reasons

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

• Administrator
I Dont think u know much about golf if u think that, have u done anything like him in ur life? yeah he fights the fight but so do all of the USA team in the ryder cup, so i dont think u should say that about golfers all golfers have good and bad points, Like Phil and Tiger

Uh, yeah, that's not what he was saying at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 6024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!