IGNORED

Based on recent PLAY only, would you as captain make Tiger your Ryder choice

steelernation
Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Pick Tiger based on recent play?

• Yes
    • No

I'd say he's too green for the Ryder Cup stage, plus I'd give preference to players who have won this year.

Ha ha. Exactly. I'd still pick Tiger, by the way. His matchplay record is phenomenal -- and a bad hole or two in that format won't hurt him too much either.

Current setup:
Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Titleist 909F2 15.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-P, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff | Titleist Vokey SM 54.11, 60.07 | Scotty Cameron ACVII / Napa California | Titleist Pro V1X

I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned already.

Tiger doesn't deserve to be on the team. It doesn't matter what he has done in the past or what he could do if his game starts to come around. Tiger has lost his edge that he once held over the field. He has fallen from greatness and his competitors recognize that and will not be intimidated by his mere presence on the golf course anymore. Pavin shouldn't even consider him this year but I bet you a nickle that he makes it in on the political card.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

If I had to pick my team today, no way would I have him on the Ryder Cup Team. Playing poorly. Can do without the media circus. He's surrounded by a cloud of negative energy.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Agree with Jamo, the way the question is set up makes it hard to say you would pick Tiger. With that being said I would pick him in a heartbeat. It's Tiger Freakin' Woods!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

As has been said, while match play is a better format with how he's playing these days, you can't put aside how he's playing these days. He was terrible at the Bridgestone. If he doesn't qualify by the end of this week, I'd do him the favor of letting him work on his game that week and avoid the embarrassment of not being at his best at such a historic event.

He doesn't deserve it.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Tiger losing the #1 golfer status and missing the ryder cup team are all things he needs before he can start the road to being a great player again. He needs to hit rock bottom and not making the team is something that Pavin should follow through with.

That's of course if Tiger doesn't spank everyone this upcoming weekend. If he goes ahead and wins the PGA championship, then it's a different story.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

The way he is playing right now, no. You couldn't even add him just for his putter. Pavin is in a no-win situation im afraid. The Euro team will be very strong, and a loss by the US is probable. But if he adds tiger and they lose, he will get hammered. If he does not add tiger and they lose, pavin will still get hammered.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Tiger wouldn't want to be on the team with his current form. Unless Tiger magically fix his swing this week and win the PGA, he won't be in the Ryder Cup. Not by qualification and not by captain's pick. Heck, he might not even make the Playoffs.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not a chance.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Based upon his recent play, I couldnt pick Tiger. IMO, he would be nothing but a liability.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

A more interesting hypothetical is what if tiger had not gone through all of this personal mess this year and was just having a horrible season? (by his standards) How would the discussion with the Ryder cup be framed, then?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!