IGNORED

Nippon ns 1030h steel shafts

patnyc
Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the NIPPON NS 1030H STEEL SHAFTS are for mid to high handicappers? I currently shoot in the 90s and will be switching to stiff shafts. I was told to avoid clubs that may have "pro" style shafts. (though i'm not 100% sure what the salesmen meant).

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Oh and I'm looking into getting the Cobra SZ irons.

The Cobra SZ are GI/SGI irons, so those shafts should be fine for high handicappers. I played similar Nippon shafts in Cobra FP irons, and they are very good shafts. Reg flex for me.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

Nippon NS 1030H may be a special version made just for Cobra.

Here's the Nippon website... gives specs for several shafts, but not the 1030H:
http://www.nipponshaft.com/findshafts.html

Site speaks of the "N.S. Pro sub-100 gram steel shaft series." So, lightweight steel. The Nippon steel shafts appear to favor middle kickpoint (or, flex point).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!