IGNORED

seriously? did he really just do that?

out_in_30
Note: This thread is 5001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the offending golfer claimed to always play "Titleist Bronson's"

Bwah ha ha ha!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

that's why I don't play super expensive balls. I can't see how if any of you that swear by ProV1's were to pull out one of my Slazengers tomorrow for your round that little ball would add 10 strokes to your score. In my opinion, it's a golf ball... they all perform roughly the same way. I've never really noticed a difference in the different types of balls I play... except in the category of durability. But yep... if I make a good swing, they still get in the air, and eventually land where I want them too. Never made a horrible swing with a super expensive ball and magically wound up 5ft from the hole. lol.

Thanks Nike Power Distance, for getting about the same ratings as a ProV1 and not costing me a tank of gas for 12 of you.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

A few weeks ago on the 18th hole Scott hit into the tree line between the 18th and 10th holes and apparently two of the guys on the 10th hole also hit into the same area.

Scott always marks his ball with a pink line and pink star like marks on each end of the line.

As we are walking up to where one of the guys on the other hole just hit to start looking for Scott's ball the guy says, "You playing a ProV with a pink line on it?". Scott says "yea" and the guy says "Ok sorry I just hit your ball, I'll go get it for you"????

So the guy is dishonest enough to hit a ball he absolutely knows isn't his but honest enough to straight away admit to it afterwards, that was a little weird.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that's why I don't play super expensive balls. I can't see how if any of you that swear by ProV1's were to pull out one of my Slazengers tomorrow for your round that little ball would add 10 strokes to your score. In my opinion, it's a golf ball... they all perform roughly the same way. I've never really noticed a difference in the different types of balls I play... except in the category of durability. But yep... if I make a good swing, they still get in the air, and eventually land where I want them too. Never made a horrible swing with a super expensive ball and magically wound up 5ft from the hole. lol.

The lower my handicap got the more important the ball became. When my contact become consistently solid I switched from the Callaway warbird to the Callaway Tour I and made a huge difference! Before I had to hit it to the front of the green and hope it wouldn't roll off the back. Now I can fire right at the pin and I know it will stop. The mid to long irons is where I noticed the biggest difference.

Well I never used to mark my golf balls at all, I might have to start after reading this thread. They are expensive when you buy them buy the dozen but is a $4 ball really worth stealing?

FT-9 I-Mix 9° Driver w/ Fubuki Stiff shaft
X 5 Wood
X 3 Hybrid
FP II Irons 4-GW
54° and 60° C-Grind Wedges Karsten Zing Putter Tour I ball

I was playing the first hole today with my buddy and the 18th hole runs parallel on the left of #1. He hits his tee shot left in between fairways. We're walking to our balls and a cart comes driving down the 18th, stops at his ball, and the guy picks it up and drives to his partners. The guy I was playing with goes "Hey is that a Maxfli?". He turns around and just keeps driving. He says it again and the guy who picked it up just goes "no" in a quiet voice. They were playing a scramble so he might've picked up the wrong one, we found his right next to it, but come on. You'd think people would actually look at the ball before they just go picking it up and claiming it as theirs.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

You're absolutely right-at a 36 handicap the ball doesn't really matter one lick. In another way you're absolutely wrong-ball starts to make a noticeable difference at about a 15, and definitely changes your approach to shots when you're down in the single digits. In my experience anyway.

You're absolutely right-at a 36 handicap the ball doesn't really matter one lick. In another way you're absolutely wrong-ball starts to make a noticeable difference at about a 15, and definitely changes your approach to shots when you're down in the single digits. In my experience anyway.

I don't know what my handicap is, I've never calculated it. So I don't know how that 36 got there, unless it's something this forum automatically puts. I'm probably somewhere in the 20's. But yea, probably to me a ball is a ball because of my skill level.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I think it if got to the point where people were stealing my balls off of my fairway, I would immediately switch to pink or yellow balls.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

something weird happened to me last week. Hit a drive and pushed it slightly into the right side rough. As soon as I hit, I see a guy walk up and hit his, which was on our fairway. As I'm appraoching, he picks up my ball and says "HEY YOU HIT A NIKE?!" while holding it up...

Now I know I misshot and pushed it but I was still in the rough on my side of the fairway...so I'm not sure why he's holding my ball up.

I say, Yeah, thats my ball....with a confused look.

I expect him to just drop my ball where it is...but instead he goes "here you go" and tosses it towards me.

WTF?!

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

something weird happened to me last week. Hit a drive and pushed it slightly into the right side rough. As soon as I hit, I see a guy walk up and hit his, which was on our fairway. As I'm appraoching, he picks up my ball and says "HEY YOU HIT A NIKE?!" while holding it up...

Id be like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... k thanks wierdo(under my breath) Whats the ruling here because he grabbed your ball and threw it to you do you get a free drop, or do you still have to take a penalty for moving the ball?
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Id be like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... k thanks wierdo(under my breath)

no not at all.. if someone ELSE touches your ball you get to put it back to as close to where it was as possible. But if you touch your OWN ball its a penalty.. Im not sure if it is a penalty on the person who touches or whether it matters if it was accidental or not. Like if Im helping someone look in deep grass for their ball and I accidentaly kick it. Its no penalty on them but i would hope its no penalty on me as well. But if I kick my own ball I am penalized. Im pretty sure that is the ruling on that situation

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

Wow! I'm not to sure how I'd react to that... I mean, really what was he thinking!!!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hate those a-holes.
It's just amazing how some people don't have any respect at all for other person's property.
They should all learn etiquette of golf before swinging a club.
Me personally, if I have to identify a ball and can't see my mark or the brand, I almost lie down on the grass Camilo Villegas style without touching the ball.

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

Wow! I'm not to sure how I'd react to that... I mean, really what was he thinking!!!

yeah it was weird. the guy had a decent swing and I'd assume he'd be a frequent golfer...not sure if his brain just blanked out at the moment or maybe he was pissed I hit it to the right side (where he was standing) and didnt say fore... but in my defence, it was still on my side of the fairway and I didn't know he was standing there.

i've had similar things happen...once when I sliced it pretty damn bad and landed on their fairway, I yelled fore! the guy picked up my ball thinking it was just a ball someone left and when I approached and started looking for my ball, he fessed up and asked if I hit a bridgestone and threw it right back at me. That I understood...sucky but whatever.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

This happened to me last wednesday. Almost identical situation. I called the pro-shop and they sent the pro out in a cart to resolve it. I got my ball back on the next hole.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Happened to me last Tuesday. I hit a drive to the dead center of the fairway, but its a blind shot. I play the course all of the time, so I know where I generally hit it distance wise. I walk up and there is a group just getting on the Tee box in front of us with no ball insight but my playing partner's. So, I walked over to the Tee and asked them if they saw my shot. Low and behold, I look down and the guy has my ball teed up and ready to play. I do the same thing and mark it very uniquely. I simply grabbed the ball off the tee and didn't say a word. He stared at me and asked me what I was doing. So I said, "Tell me how the ball is marked and what kind it is?" He tries to give me an answer that he obviously made up. I told him to play his own ball from now on. Needless to say it pissed me off for the rest of the round.

I have a very low ball and always play a Pro-V1 because I need the extra stopping power.

I used to have the problem of people picking up my ball but I started marking my ball with a red marked and put a sloppy red circle about the size of a nickel on both sides. It fades as I play to a bright pink circle. It is really ugly.

Nobody mistakes my ball for theirs and I don’t think anybody even wants a ball that ugly. So take one look, and leave it alone.

Note: This thread is 5001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!