IGNORED

What Kind of Person Do You Have to Be...

colin007
Note: This thread is 4988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I might be an optimist about human nature but I tend to think that most cases of non-returned clubs are due more to people's forgetfulness than greed or malice, especially in cases of 'common' clubs (56 degree sand wedge) or single irons. What good will having a standalone 7 iron or extra SW really do for somebody's game?

Also, I've never done it, but I've seen people hold onto found clubs as a 'punitive' measure against a group who's been holding up play (because while mistakes happen, the same people who leave clubs scattered all over the place are more often than not the same people who play really slow and don't think about the people stacked up behind them).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this subject even a issue? If you find a club.......... turn it in and forget about it. To read some of these posts, there must be 7 layers of honesty.

...to find a club laying on the ground and not take it back to the clubhouse to turn in????

Happened to me way back when I was 15. My parents had bought me a brand new cleveland 588 $110.00 wedge. Had it for 2 weeks and accidently left it on the fringe on the last hole. Realized it when I was putting my clubs in my parents car and looked to go back and the guy behind me on the course was running to his car from off the green. Went back to the hole and it was GONE. The guy was like 40 too

A few weeks ago my 7 year old son left his putter on the 18th hole of the local par 3 course. We were practicing our chipping after the round since no one else was following us and he forgot to pick it up afterwards. A week later he is at home looking for his putter and can't find it. After a thorough search of the house, we decide he must have left it at the course. He was devastated and thought he would never get it back. I called the course at 9PM on a Friday night and was suprised that anyone was still there to answer the phone since it was already dark, but someone had found it and turned it in. Although it took a while to calm him down, he was relieved to know his putter was not gone. When we went to pick it up the next day, the person there said we were lucky that someone turned it in as it does not happen that often. It might help that there are not a lot of left handed 7 year old golfers around here. At least he learned a lesson about keeping track of his clubs, plus we labeled all his clubs with personalized mailing lables that we had

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!