IGNORED

My Swing (Talbright)

Talbright
Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanting to see what you think of how my swing looks. Go to HD on the video!

Sorry about these being little thumbnails, you will probably have to click on them to see them bigger, because if I had them at full size they were showing up WAY bigger than I wanted.

In my Bag:
Driver: G10 9°
3 Wood: Burner 15°
Hybrid: HiPPO h7 Tour 21°
Irons: X-22 (3, 5-PW)Wedges: 52° X-forged, 56° SW, 60° Victory Red LWPutter: 2-Ball SRTBall: Pro V1/V1x

Please post a face on view, preferably slowed down so we can see more aspects of your swing.

From the DTL view I see the following
Address: You look a bit too far from the ball. Shaft is pointing at belly button, should point at top of zipper.

Backswing: Clubhead moves in too quickly. Shoulder turn is a bit too flat (you want to turn your shoulders parallel to swing plane) See iacas' thread on the sticks drill. Backswing is too long and arms lose connection with torso. I like the position you get when your left arm runs diagonally through your right shoulder (at this point, club face is parallel to your left arm and on a good plane). But from there you lift up a lot, which might feel powerful, but creates a big extra move, that requires a lot of timing to get the club back on a good plane for the forward swing.

Forwardswing: happens too fast in the video to see much, but on this swing, you get your right elbow nicely back down onto your torso with the club approaching the ball from the inside.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks for the tips, and I will try to get another angle or two when I go back out there. Also, do you think the ball is too far in the front of my stance on the 3rd picture?
In my Bag:
Irons: X-22 (3, 5-PW)Wedges: 52° X-forged, 56° SW, 60° Victory Red LWPutter: 2-Ball SRTBall: Pro V1/V1x

Talbright, not a bad lookin swing you got there. yes, i do beleive the ball is too forward in your stance for an iron shot....try to center that up.

Keep it where the mowers go!

Talbright, not a bad lookin swing you got there. yes, i do beleive the ball is too forward in your stance for an iron shot....try to center that up.

Thanks man, but the thing is that it feels really uncomfortable when I put it farther back. I've gotten good results, but I always go back to the front because the back is just weird to me. I don't know why either.

In my Bag:

All the pros preach hitting your shot in the same position in your stance on every shot (and moving your feet depending on the club). Watch some videos by the shark, ben hogan also preached this

In the Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Fairway wood: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 4 wood
Hybrid: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Irons: some type of generic imitation, will look asapSand Wedge: Nike

Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!