IGNORED

Mizuno MP63 and MP53

Clambake
Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not liking either of those at all.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I like the 63s, but don't think I'd trade my 57s for them from a looks point of view.

As a fellow MP57 pwner myself, I agree with you 100%...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I saw them in Edwin Watts today...The 53's look sweet
their new wedges will all have DG spinner shafts

Driver: Wishon 959 OL v2 reg 10.5*
fw wood 949 mc 16.5 4 wood

irons: AP1 5- gap GS 95 regular

multiple wedges

How come the only info on the web is from golfwrx. besides the fakes for sale of course. I heard the releases date was today but some claimed to have them last week already and there is nothing on there site.

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

I got to hit both the 53 and 63 today at a local store. They didn't have the full sets in yet, but had just received the heads for the Mizuno fitting system. I also hit the 52 and 62, alternating back and forth between the old and new to better learn any differences.

In person, the new triangle shapes don't look objectionable. I prefer the look of the older clubs slightly, but not by much, and I wouldn't let that keep me from buying the new ones if I liked the performance.

With the 53, it looks just like the 52 at address - no difference looking down at the club. I'm not too wild about the 52 normally, finding it to feel just a little "dead" compared to other Mizunos. The 53 felt very similar, but just slightly better than the 52. On-center hits seemed pretty equal to both, with a slightly smoother feeling on the 53. Toe hits seemed about the same on each, and I couldn't discern any difference in distance between the two clubs.

Like the setup difference (or lack of) with the 52 and 53, the 63 looks just like the 62 at address - you can't see any difference. Hitting the 63 versus 62 was a similar experience, but without that slight dead feeling I get on the 52/53. On-center hits both felt very smooth and silky, but in a slight (very very slight) way I liked the feel of the 62 better - it felt a little softer. The difference was very subtle, but I kept switching back and forth as a blind test; since you can't tell the difference at addrss I was able to randomly switch back and forth eliminate any preconceived differences. I also hit a bunch towards the heel and toe, and I really couldn't tell any difference between the 62 and 63. There is a noticeable loss of distance compared to on-center hits on both old and new versions, but I couldn't detect any difference between the two.

Overall, I personally like the 62/3 models better than the 52/3 models, but I didn't experience any noticeable difference between the 62 and 63 to make me hold off for the new clubs. Which is good, because presumably the stores will be dealing a bit on the older stock once the 63s start rolling in.

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!