IGNORED

I hate being left handed.

BadGolfer
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's not like there's a race for people to be left-handed. I wouldn't wish it on anyone really. But!

The selection of clubs for lefties is slowly improving (as long as you're not looking for a specific wedge in a specific lie with a specific bounce... you may be sorely disappointed.)

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

Luckily although I'm a lefty I took to golf right handed, just found it more natural for me. Dont mean to rub salt in your wounds!!

I'm a lefty too, or at least I tend to left-handedness.  But like many lefties I am fairly ambidextrous.  I'm quite sure that when I had been walking for an hour or so my father shoved whatever golf club was handy into my hands and I just learned to play right handed.  There weren't that many options for left handed clubs back in those days.

Though this is a really old thread, I'll just say it: I love being left handed.  Because of the way the world is I have learned to get a LOT more utility from my right hand than most right-handers do from their left.  Ever pull up to one of those toll booths where you drop coins in the little basket and watch a right-hander trying to throw the money with their right rather than reaching out and dropping with their left?  Quarters usually roll under the car...

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Saw something unusual this morning when I was mowing. Not worth a new thread so I'll stick it in this old one.

I was waiting for a group to tee off so I could mow the rough areas near their tee box. All four golfers in the group were left handed. I thought hmmm I've never seen that before.

Just as I was getting done mowing that area a single behind them came to the tee box so I watched him tee off as well. He was also left handed.

I'm thinking what in the heck is going on? Some kind of special rates for lefties today?

I was on the driving range a month ago, and me, my son, a kid and his dad, plus one more random person were all hitting left handed. 5 lefties hitting balls in adjacent stalls.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was on the driving range a month ago, and me, my son, a kid and his dad, plus one more random person were all hitting left handed. 5 lefties hitting balls in adjacent stalls.

I'm left handed in anything that takes skill like writing, shooting, playing pool, and welding.

I'm right handed in anything that takes strength like throwing, hitting, kicking and lifting.

I play ping pong with either hand and when I play left handed I play a finesse game using a lot of spin and when I play right handed I play a power game. Same with tennis on ground strokes but I can't serve very well left handed.

In other words I'm all messed up. LOL

P.S. I write on a blackboard right handed and on paper left handed. I guess I figured it takes more strength to write on a blackboard. ;-)

I'm left handed in anything that takes skill like writing, shooting, playing pool, and welding.

I'm right handed in anything that takes strength like throwing, hitting, kicking and lifting.

I play ping pong with either hand and when I play left handed I play a finesse game using a lot of spin and when I play right handed I play a power game. Same with tennis on ground strokes but I can't serve very well left handed.

In other words I'm all messed up. LOL

P.S. I write on a blackboard right handed and on paper left handed. I guess I figured it takes more strength to write on a blackboard.

That pretty much sums up me, except the "stronger right handed" part. You might be left handed, but grew up being told to use the right hand. Many lefties are ambidextrous as a result of having been coerced into using the right hand for something or another.

That ability must come from thinking on the right side of the brain. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm envious of lefties that are ambidextrous or even semi-ambidextrous... I remember in first grade my teacher trying to force me to use my right hand to do everything to the point of slapping my left hand with a ruler any time I used it... (things were different back then). After going home that first day and my mom asking why the back of my left hand was an angry red color I told her what the teacher was doing. She flew up to the school and had a "chat" with the teacher that I believe involved the teacher's arm being in a cast if she ever touched me with a ruler again. She stopped slapping me and I used my left hand in class.

The worst part was the classroom had pink rubber erasers tied on a string to each desk... on the right hand side. I always had a problem erasing my pencil marks on paper that year. No, I didn't really try to use my right hand to do this because I wasn't very coordinated... or just didn't have enough common sense back then to adapt.

Nowadays I'm still left side dominant but will use my right hand as needed... can't write legibly with it though. I have tried but it's no use so I don't even bother... not that my left hand can write legibly either. Penmanship has always been an issue for me but I've adapted my left handed writing style to try to move away from the "hook" style to something more normal. The bonus of this is I don't get ink or pencil on my hand doing this and it's easier to read even though it can sometimes slant left, right, and straight up at times.

Keeping it golf related, I use my right hand to place my tee into the ground and my ball upon it... for some reason I just do it that way. It must be because my left is holding my club at the time.

I don't know. Still don't like being lefty but it is kind of cool having lefty specific stuff that right handed people haven't really seen... like a left hand ejecting shotgun. That's kind of cool I think.

Looking at the wedge options from club makers and seeing that right handed clubs come in a vast array of 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, and 62 degrees and then looking at the lefty club and seeing 50, 54, and 56... that's depressing.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

Ouch, the ruler incident sounds pretty harsh.

When I said I was forced or coerced, it was nothing like that!

Well, good you're on the "right" track. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

That ability must come from thinking on the right side of the brain.

Nah. My wife says I don't use either side. :-D

I'm envious of lefties that are ambidextrous or even semi-ambidextrous... I remember in first grade my teacher trying to force me to use my right hand to do everything to the point of slapping my left hand with a ruler any time I used it... (things were different back then).

Wow your teacher was even meaner than mine.

Until the third grade I wrote equally with both hands. Whichever hand I happened to grab a pencil with is what I wrote with.

In the third grade the teacher had me go up to the blackboard to write something and I stood in the middle and started the line with my left hand. When I got to the middle I just changed hands with the chalk and continued across the board with my right hand.

The class started giggling a little bit and the teacher stopped me and told me I was going to have to choose a hand to write with and not change back and forth.

From that time on I wrote with my left hand on paper but when I'm not thinking about it I still catch myself using my right hand when writing something bigger like on a blackboard.

BTW the weird thing about me is that there are some things that I have much more trouble with the "off hand" than normal.

Basketball is the best example. Most people have no trouble at all dribbling with the off hand or shooting a layup with the off hand. I always struggled big time with both and was way too right hand dominant in basketball. I would rather continue under the basket and lay the ball up with my right hand on the other side and I was going to go to my right side against a defender almost every time even if he was cheated that way.

I could usually beat a defender even if he knew what was coming but it drove my coaches completely nuts.

I am left-handed as well (mostly).  I play golf right.

It seems like there is a class action law suit in here somewhere.  In this PC world nowadays and all.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!