IGNORED

Worst Player to Win a Major

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think out of all the European players, Martin Kaymer pretty much has

He has a girlfriend? Oh, because I just assumed he was . . . oh nevermind.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were clearly hoping...

Hoping for what? To get a big fruity hug the next time he wins a major?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Totally agree.

He went 2 up at one point didn't he?

Anybody would've been slaughtered by tiger, birdie, birdie, eagle, birdie. Tiger was just on fire. -9 after 15 holes

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

He went 2 up at one point didn't he?

Tiger was playing F Molinari. Kaymer had his 'ass handed to him' by DJ.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

What a stupid and uninformed comment. Nobody is gifted 3 majors, and Paddy certainly wasn't. I can only assume you did not even see his major wins.

I saw sergio's arse fall out at carnoustie and in the PGA. Some irish dude with crazy eyes lucked in on Garcia's misfortune.

As for the ryder cup your dreaming...Donalds back was so sore from carrying Padraig that Monty switched him to Fisher and you could see him running straight to the physio after his match due to back pain...padraigs not a small lad! Harrington is the only pro golfer i can think of that when they hit a drive the crowd runs into the middle of the fairway for safety!

Driver - Callaway FTI
3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha
Irons - Mizuno MX100
Putter - TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Spider
Ball - White round ones

I saw sergio's arse fall out at carnoustie and in the PGA. Some irish dude with crazy eyes lucked in on Garcia's misfortune.

What a load of nonsense.

And you forgot to explain why his Birkdale win was also a gift.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

"Garcia's misfortune?" He folded. A large part of winning any tournament, but especially a major, is

not folding. Which is what Harrington did at the British and the PGA.

"Garcia's misfortune?" He folded. A large part of winning any tournament, but especially a major, is

1. Sergio lost the British open. come one everybody knows sergio really should've won.

2. Greg norman basically choked in the final round like he always has. 3. in the final holes I remember sergio almost dunked his second on a par 4, and got miserably unlucky and went miles from the flag. had that gone in or stayed somewhere near the flag it could've changed the whole tournament. Plus sergio missed a birdie on the Par 3 from like 5 feet.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

1. Sergio lost the British open. come one everybody knows sergio really should've won.

You don't watch much golf, do you michael? And, 'twould appear, you understand even less.

You don't watch much golf, do you michael? And, 'twould appear, you understand even less.

No I never, ever watch golf on TV. I saw all of those tournaments.

And don't say that I don't understand, because I probably understand golf more than you do mate.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

• Administrator
No I never, ever watch golf on TV. I saw all of those tournaments.

You saw all of those tournaments live and in person? Despite living in Australia and being only 18 years old right

now ?
And don't say that I don't understand, because I probably understand golf more than you do mate.

That's really not apparent by the comments you're making here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You saw all of those tournaments live and in person? Despite living in Australia and being only 18 years old right

Little bit of sarcasm there iacas. I saw them on tv. I watch PGA Tour and European Tour every week. And seriously how are my comments flawed? Greg Norman shot +7 in final round of British Open in 2008. Even par would have him win by a shot, Harrington shot -1 on the final day.

Sergio missed a five footer to win in 2007. He made numerous mistakes down the stretch to lose. Ok I was reaching a bit at the 2008 PGA but the first 2 were clearly Harrington being fortunate with others misfortune

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

• Administrator
Greg Norman shot +7 in final round of British Open in 2008. Even par would have him win by a shot, Harrington shot -1 on the final day.

So in your mind, the fields only consist of two players - Padraig and another guy - and Padraig only won because other player in each of those three majors made mistakes.

Never mind that -1 was a great score, that he was in the final group or groups in each of those majors, and that he played some pretty great golf shots in winning, huh? For example, 2008... I see exactly one guy lower than Padraig's score in the final round: http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2008/scoring/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So in your mind, the fields only consist of two players - Padraig and another guy - and Padraig only won because other player in each of those three majors made mistakes.

At +3, Harrington won the 2008 Open by 4 shots, but the final leaderboard is missing one name. I've read comments by golf fans (e.g. hardcore Tiger fanboys) that suggest Harrington won a tournament Tiger would have run away with. No matter how solid Padraig was playing at the time and how many other tournaments he won in that timeframe, he has 3 majors while guys like Sergio have zero. If being a decent player who gets really hot for a couple years in majors was the key to being "the worst", then my vote goes to Curtis Strange.

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!