IGNORED

Introducing Analyzr - Swing Video Analysis Software for Mac OS X

iacas
Note: This thread is 3103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello Erik,

I just purchased a Home license at regular price after missing your email yesterday...

Anyhow, good job with the software.  I'd like to get started quickly, but cannot access YouTube from China (blocked!).  Would it be possible to send me the 10-minute Getting Started video by email (hlin@me.com)?

Thanks & regards

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tigerbeach330

I just purchased a Home license at regular price after missing your email yesterday...

Anyhow, good job with the software.  I'd like to get started quickly, but cannot access YouTube from China (blocked!).  Would it be possible to send me the 10-minute Getting Started video by email (hlin@me.com)?

Hi, yes, thank you!

I'm uploading the file to my Dropbox now. It's 70 MB so it's probably too big to email. :-) I'll post the URL in this post when it's finished uploading.

Thanks. Should be about 20 minutes.

Update: Here you go! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/360856/Analyzr%20Quick%20Start.mov

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Products are added now, too, if anyone wants to give the software some reviews or add it to any lists... :-)

http://thesandtrap.com/products/analyzr-home

http://thesandtrap.com/products/analyzr-pro

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow, this looks awesome. I just dug up the video I got after a mini-lesson I took last year and was thinking that I'd love to be able to get an updated swing on video and use the tools the pro used on what I assume was V1. I got a sweet camera a year ago but had so much trouble doing anything with the video on my computer I gave up on it. This intro makes Analyzr  seem like a piece of cake! Luckily I have a Mac at work and could use it there. But since I have a PC at home, is it possible to put the videos with the lines up on youtube or to save them in a way I could watch them from a non-Mac?

Really interested in this. Is there any thought that you'd pair this up with some lessons, or let someone record themselves, upload it and send it along for some review and get the video back? I think that's what Evolvr does, so I guess Analyzr wouldn't be needed if you're participating in Evolvr?

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

• Administrator

Originally Posted by PhilsRHman

Wow, this looks awesome. I just dug up the video I got after a mini-lesson I took last year and was thinking that I'd love to be able to get an updated swing on video and use the tools the pro used on what I assume was V1. I got a sweet camera a year ago but had so much trouble doing anything with the video on my computer I gave up on it. This intro makes Analyzr  seem like a piece of cake! Luckily I have a Mac at work and could use it there. But since I have a PC at home, is it possible to put the videos with the lines up on youtube or to save them in a way I could watch them from a non-Mac?

Really interested in this. Is there any thought that you'd pair this up with some lessons, or let someone record themselves, upload it and send it along for some review and get the video back? I think that's what Evolvr does, so I guess Analyzr wouldn't be needed if you're participating in Evolvr?

Two quick answers to that...

1. You could use Home to draw lines on your video and save the screenshots or email them to yourself.
  2. You could use Pro to record a video analysis (even if you don't talk) and you can draw lines, ovals, etc. and put the recorded version of that up on YouTube.

Evolvr is actually online lessons, so while we use Analyzr, we don't draw "all the lines" every time - we draw lines that illustrate what we'd like to see the student do in that particular lesson.

Looks great, I was playing around with it and as a coach it really has a lot of what I need. The only feature I love to have and didn't see was to be able to put the video in slow motion. Is this a feature or on the list to add as I always find it useful? I can do it manually but would be nice if it was built in. Thanks!!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by awmgolfer

Looks great, I was playing around with it and as a coach it really has a lot of what I need. The only feature I love to have and didn't see was to be able to put the video in slow motion. Is this a feature or on the list to add as I always find it useful? I can do it manually but would be nice if it was built in. Thanks!!

High speed video is already in slow motion. Additionally, you can play back at slower speed by clicking and holding the forward button (the >| one) or by clicking it to go frame by frame.

We have our feature list pretty well set for the upcoming work we're going to do to get the app ready for 1.0 status, at which time the price will jump to $495 to $595. Send me a PM or an email if you'd like to discuss anything or if you'd like a limited-time 10% off coupon.

We're doing a lot of listening to our customers for 1.0 and beyond, so don't hesitate. Thanks.

Why the change in name from "Home" to "Student"?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Why the change in name from "Home" to "Student"?

Because we felt it made much more sense. We felt kind of stupid for not considering "Student" earlier.

Originally Posted by iacas

Because we felt it made much more sense. We felt kind of stupid for not considering "Student" earlier.

I think that it does sound better... are you guys going to rework the parts of the screencast where you make reference to the "home" version?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I think that it does sound better... are you guys going to rework the parts of the screencast where you make reference to the "home" version?

No. Don't we say it just the one time? Even if we said it ten times I don't think we'd worry about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently purchased this program for my high school golf programs. I am a boys and girls high school golf coach. This is a great evaluation tool. It is simple to use, and all though I have only had it for about a month, I have yet to find something it can't do. I am eager to capture regular video so I can show my golfers if they are improving on what I have them work on. As the saying goes, "what you feel and what's real are two different things." This software shows them what they are really doing so they can better correct their technique. Simply a great program.

Will the the Droid X interface with this? Any new advice on easy, inexpensive but effective camera to consider? I don't have a Mac system anywhere but see an Ipad 2 in my future. are there any cameras that actually allow golf swing lines to be placed on the video? Thanks for any help.

Mike

NJ

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mhmob

Will the the Droid X interface with this? Any new advice on easy, inexpensive but effective camera to consider? I don't have a Mac system anywhere but see an Ipad 2 in my future. are there any cameras that actually allow golf swing lines to be placed on the video? Thanks for any help.

Interface with it how?

You need a Mac - not an iPad or an iPhone - to use this. The video can come from just about anywhere.

Originally Posted by mhmob

Mike

NJ

I hear great things about these two cameras but have no personal experience of them:

- Canon IXUS 220 HS
- Casio EXILM EX-FC100
- Casio EX-FS10

Also regarding swing analysis, it's the software you use that allows you to draw lines, circles etc on the video to use for reference. There are a few different pieces of software out there to do this, some are Mac based, some Windows and there are also iPhone/iPad apps out there that can be used too. A short skim over the latest topics on The Sand Trap will tell you everything you need to know. :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 3103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!