IGNORED

Tiger Woods Impressions Thread

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, Tiger Woods was released last week for the current-gen consoles and this week for the XBox 360. I picked up the XBox360 version yesterday after work, and I wrote these impressions at Tiger Woods Nation. I figured I would just copy them here. Feel free to give some impressions on whichever version of Tiger 07 you have.

Mine isn't much, but it's a start.

I only had a chance to play 18 holes or so last night, but I'll throw out a few impressions anyway.

The Gameface is pretty awesome and easy to navigate. I have some tweaking to do on my guy, but I look similar to my real-life counterpart already. It won't be a problem for creation gurus to create some pretty cool people.

I played my first match against Mike Weir and lost on the second playoff hole. I skipped through the difficulties and went straight to Tour Mode difficulty. Weir and I halved the first hole with triple bogeys. I tried to be a hero but ended up being a zero. My guy isn't as strong as I thought at this point.

I ended up going 1-up with 1 to play, and he beat me on the 9th and finished me off on the second playoff hole. I do have to admit I putted my second putt off the green on the second playoff hole. I ended up four-putting (three putting by golf standards).

I did put one in for eagle on the fourth or fifth hole at Princeville, whichever is the par-5 in that area. Overall, I probably shot four or five over though which was a welcome sight to see. Pars were pretty hard to come by, and I love that.

The graphics are breathtaking to me, especially since this is the first XBox 360 Tiger game I've played. The galleries really make the atmosphere a lot better as well. Overall, the presentation is solid, even with the picture-in-picture animations. I like the slick looking new menu screens as well. It's easy on the eyes.

I started another match as Ian Poulter, and my partner was Adam Scott. I played alternate shot against Monty and Vijay, and we were even after the first nine holes. It's definitely easier to play as the pros which kinda worries me a little. Still, we only had a few birdies and the rest pars, so it wasn't going to be a 50 or 60 kind of round anyway.

I played Pinehurst #2 in the alternate shot match, and it's beautiful! They even have the turtle-back greens which are so famous. Monty hit his approach shot for the CPU on the first hole, and it was about 15 feet left of the pin, but it slowly creeped off the heavily-sloped greens into the bunker. It was a thing of beauty! That was definitely the best moment for me so far. I can't imagine how tough it would be at Pinehurst with the expert pin locations and lightning fast greens. The putting was already hard enough as it is at Pinehurst.

I haven't played enough to really give many impressions, but I'll keep stopping in after every two or three rounds. It looks like I'll get to play a whole lot this weekend, so I'll be full of impressions on Monday!

So far so good!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 6394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!