IGNORED

Lob Wedge

Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

andef,

Oh I wasn't going against your statement. And my original question was referred to the OP, my bad for not making it very clear. I was just trying to describe my experience with the V grooves. I have a driver clubhead speed of 105 mph, but I would say they spin the right amount and only a few times more than needed. Mostly cuz I hardly play full-shots with my wedges. Sunday I was playing a 70% 54* wedge from wet rough and spun it back 6 feet, obviously not wat I was counting on. I understand their argument, but it's rarely the case for me. My answer will be more exact when I order my new Vokeys, those will have the CC grooves and shots out of the rough will be somewhat difference

well it was taking weeks for dicks sporting goods to get my order in on the mp t 11 so I just cancelled it and they put the money back on my credit card, when I originally paid with the gift card; not going to complain about that. Picked up a mp-t 10 instead at TGW.com

If you want forged and the old grooves you could always just buy an MP T-10.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If you want forged and the old grooves you could always just buy an MP T-10.

thats what I did. I only had a dicks sporting goods gift card so I couldnt get the mp-t 10. luckily they credited back my credit card instead of another gift card, so I picked up the mp-t 10 elseware

btw I saw the new grooves on a wedge and they look really shallow compared to other wedges with old grooves. Bigger difference than looking at a 3-pw new grooves

which finish did you get? I just got the MP-t10 with th black satin finish 52* 07.I love it though its so soft on my first trip to the range I got a nick on the face. Course use only from now on.

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

which finish did you get? I just got the MP-t10 with th black satin finish 52* 07.I love it though its so soft on my first trip to the range I got a nick on the face. Course use only from now on.

i got the silver one. I dont think they had black

Hit the mp-t 10 at the range today and I really like it. Its a 60/05 degree wedge and for some reason I hit it just as far as my 56 degree sandwedge. I was going for this flag, not sure how far out, and I would hit my 60 degree wedge with a full strong swing and it would land near the pin. So I pulled out my 56 degree wedge and hit it as hard as I could and it landed by that same pin, lol. This happened over and over again. I dont know whats going on, Im hitting a lob wedge as far as my sand wedge, weird. Although my sandwedge has a ping shaft and the mizuno has the dynamic gold, so maybe thats it. Either way I like the dynamic gold

Hit the mp-t 10 at the range today and I really like it. Its a 60/05 degree wedge and for some reason I hit it just as far as my 56 degree sandwedge. I was going for this flag, not sure how far out, and I would hit my 60 degree wedge with a full strong swing and it would land near the pin. So I pulled out my 56 degree wedge and hit it as hard as I could and it landed by that same pin, lol. This happened over and over again. I dont know whats going on, Im hitting a lob wedge as far as my sand wedge, weird. Although my sandwedge has a ping shaft and the mizuno has the dynamic gold, so maybe thats it. Either way I like the dynamic gold

when it coems to wedges, its really the trajectory that changes, not so much the distance. for me, all three, 52, 56, 60 go about the same, maybe 5-10 yard difference. they all go about 100-110 yards... the 60 goes higher and i'd never use it on full swing shots. its a specialty club for special situations that requires intricate wedge work like high flopshots, etc.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Among my other assorted wedges, is a Mizuno Pro 3-wedge set I bought in ~ 1995 (might have been '94 - either way they were damned pricey for the time). Since they're set up essentially identical except varying lofts, they're a good indication of how I'm hitting wedges at any given time. When I use an armsy swing, the 60 is a solid 60 yards. A full swing is bang on 80 yards. The 56 is 90 and 105. I got the 52 bent to 50.5 and it's my 115 and 125 yard wedge.

Experience tells me that if my wedges are going the same distance I'm making a different swing with them or I'm not making clean contact.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Among my other assorted wedges, is a Mizuno Pro 3-wedge set I bought in ~ 1995 (might have been '94 - either way they were damned pricey for the time). Since they're set up essentially identical except varying lofts, they're a good indication of how I'm hitting wedges at any given time. When I use an armsy swing, the 60 is a solid 60 yards. A full swing is bang on 80 yards. The 56 is 90 and 105. I got the 52 bent to 50.5 and it's my 115 and 125 yard wedge.

yea Im sure its just swinging a little different. I was probably just a little surprised at how much distance I got out of the lob wedge. I was thinking I was only going to get like 40-50 yards but I got more.

2010 CG15...no better wedge on the market, I own 2 of them. Although, I do have to say my sand wedge is a Mizuno which I really like also :)

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!